E:\ is not accessible

• Thread starter Deleted member 69985
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 69985

Hi all

I have just brought a pioneer 109D which 'should' reads DVD-ram disc. Most systems like explorer do not seem to reconize the disc although it plays in Ulead DVD player. I brought it to copy DVD ram programmes to DVD-r discs.

When I try and open it from explorer and other programmes I get the message

E:\ is not accessible
Incorrect function

Any ideas on the best way forward.

Many thanks

mike

What type/speed of DVD-RAMs are you using? What Operating System is your PC running?

Rasczak said:
What type/speed of DVD-RAMs are you using? What Operating System is your PC running?

I am using panasonic DVD ram recorded in a panasonic DMR E-55 operating system Windows 2000........trying to read in a pioneer DVR_109

thanks

Mike

operating system Windows 2000
That's the problem. Goto this website:
http://panasonic.co.jp/psec/en/down/index.html

Scroll down until you see the "4.7GB DVD-RAM UDF Read" listed and then download the relevant file for Windows 2000. Ensure you disable/remove any 'instant write' software (such as InCD) and then install the download - which should install OK regardless of you not having a Panasonic drive. Ensure you reboot prior to retrying your drive!

Rasczak said:
That's the problem. Goto this website:
http://panasonic.co.jp/psec/en/down/index.html

Scroll down until you see the "4.7GB DVD-RAM UDF Read" listed and then download the relevant file for Windows 2000. Ensure you disable/remove any 'instant write' software (such as InCD) and then install the download - which should install OK regardless of you not having a Panasonic drive. Ensure you reboot prior to retrying your drive!

Rasczak...really appreciate the help. Will give it a go tomorrow evening and report back that again... :thumbsup: Mike

Mike777 said:
Rasczak...really appreciate the help. Will give it a go tomorrow evening and report back that again... :thumbsup: Mike

Rasczak

Well what can I say but it works :) apart from the audio.

When I log into environment setting as per your very useful guide under

Dobley digital AC-3 encoder setting

Can not find the dolby digital (AC-3) encoder

Installing the TMPgenc SOund plug in AC3 allows to encode and decode Dobly Digital Audio.

I tried to download it fron the site and now keep gettinga License Verfication pegasy message coming up and I am not sure what to do at the stage. I did click validate the license later but still get the message above.

Would apprecaite any help because I have this feeling I am nearly there :rolleyes:

Thanks again

Mike

Well what can I say but it works apart from the audio
Okay - first thing to note is you do not need the DD audio plug in. The plug in is sold seperately as the bulk of the cost is a licence fee to Dolby - and as most users have no need for it would unduly raise the cost of the product. There is no free trial with the audio pack (it is merely a codec which you either want or don't) and so you need to buy the code to make it work - the licence validation will then work.

However, I say again, you do not need the plug in. Virtually everyone who follows my guide does not use it. Without it you won't hear audio within the TMPG Programme (and the Audio icon will be greyed out) but once you export your programme and burn it to DVD-R then you will find the audio is there and intact.

Rasczak said:
Okay - first thing to note is you do not need the DD audio plug in. The plug in is sold seperately as the bulk of the cost is a licence fee to Dolby - and as most users have no need for it would unduly raise the cost of the product. There is no free trial with the audio pack (it is merely a codec which you either want or don't) and so you need to buy the code to make it work - the licence validation will then work.

However, I say again, you do not need the plug in. Virtually everyone who follows my guide does not use it. Without it you won't hear audio within the TMPG Programme (and the Audio icon will be greyed out) but once you export your programme and burn it to DVD-R then you will find the audio is there and intact.

Rasczak

I do not know how I can thank you enough for all your help over the past day. It was the greyed out speaker that confused me but I did burn one as a test and obviously it was ok.

I am well away and have your great guide for future reference. Hopefully we may meet again in these forums in the furture.

Thanks once again and keep up the good work.

Thanks again and kind regards

Mike

Glad to be of help :thumbsup:

Rasczak said:
Glad to be of help :thumbsup:

Having a problem with TMPgenc 1.6 Author the programme seems not to capture the whole programme when I try and edit it and scan through the frames although it appears to have capture the whole programme but it just locks...once was about half way through and the other missed the last 3 minutes off a 2.5 hour programme. Has anyone got any ideas or does this not make sense.

Many thanks for your time

Regards Mike

TMPgenc 1.6 Author the programme seems not to capture the whole programme
Is that going by the running time shown when you import the file? If so then that running time is invariably wrong and the whole programme has indeed been captured. Are you positive the programme is only importing part of your programme?

If you are, and are using a Panasonic DVDR, can you check you have set the Hyrbid VBR Resolution to 'Fixed' (by default it is at 'Auto'). Off the top of my head this can be found in Functions > Setup > Picture

it appears to have capture the whole programme but it just locks
What spec PC are you using? If you skip through the video quite quickly with a low memory PC you can cause it to crash - digital video is quite intensive.

Rasczak said:
Is that going by the running time shown when you import the file? If so then that running time is invariably wrong and the whole programme has indeed been captured. Are you positive the programme is only importing part of your programme?

If you are, and are using a Panasonic DVDR, can you check you have set the Hyrbid VBR Resolution to 'Fixed' (by default it is at 'Auto'). Off the top of my head this can be found in Functions > Setup > Picture

What spec PC are you using? If you skip through the video quite quickly with a low memory PC you can cause it to crash - digital video is quite intensive.

Rasczak....really good to see your name :)

In the Chapter Edit Screen it shows.....

In 00:00:00

Out 02:21:07
Len 02:21:07

In frames it runs to that time ie 02:21:07.

However the film is 02:22:33.

On another film I tried the frames only ran to 01:19:00 on a film lasting 02:10:00 PC I think is OK based on previous DVD editing.

What do you reckon !

Mike

What DVD recorder are you using? Have you tried fixing the resolution like I suggested? Also ensure you are copying the clip to the HDD when you import the titles!

If you are still having problems I would suggest uninstalling TMPG Enc Author, re-downloading the latest version and re-installing it.

Just re-read you earlier posts - you do have a Panasonic DVDR - therefore goto FUNCTIONS >>> SETUP >>> PICTURE and set 'Hybrid VBR Resolution' to "Fixed". Now try importing. Do you still have problems?

Rasczak said:
What DVD recorder are you using? Have you tried fixing the resolution like I suggested? Also ensure you are copying the clip to the HDD when you import the titles!

If you are still having problems I would suggest uninstalling TMPG Enc Author, re-downloading the latest version and re-installing it.

Machine is a Panasonic DMR E-55 and I just checked the resolution and it is showing as fixed. I am copying the clip to the hard drive and clicking on soucre set up and adding it back. I am only using the trial version of TMPG Author so I will try re-installing.

Mike

Rasczak said:
Just re-read you earlier posts - you do have a Panasonic DVDR - therefore goto FUNCTIONS >>> SETUP >>> PICTURE and set 'Hybrid VBR Resolution' to "Fixed". Now try importing. Do you still have problems?

Just sat here and watached it go through........what actually happen was it just stopped about half way through the process 'Copying the DVD data...' screen. It had processed about 6 minutes of 12 minutes.

Any ideas : could it be the disc.....but it plays fine in my DVD player and on the PC. Anyway around this problem or any ideas on this problem ???

Thanks

Mike

I suppose it could just be a dodgy recording - is this your first import or have you done others? Try creating a playlist for the part that won't import and see if that imports successfully. If it does simply merge the two clips as described in my guide (section 13 - website version).

If that doesn't work I'll need to have a play to see if I can recreate the problem. That'll have to wait until Friday/Saturday as I'm away at present and don't have access to TMPG Enc Author on my laptop!

Rasczak said:
I suppose it could just be a dodgy recording - is this your first import or have you done others? Try creating a playlist for the part that won't import and see if that imports successfully. If it does simply merge the two clips as described in my guide (section 13 - website version).

If that doesn't work I'll need to have a play to see if I can recreate the problem. That'll have to wait until Friday/Saturday as I'm away at present and don't have access to TMPG Enc Author on my laptop!

Rasczak

I have done a couple of shorter ones before with no problem.....I did think about a trying to do it in two parts but could not get my head around trying to capture something which appears not to be there. Any advice on this parts so I can have a go.
Thanks Mike

I have done a couple of shorter ones before with no problem.....
That does suggest that there isn't a problem with your setup but there is with the recording. I suggest you try importing several more recordings (preferrably ones that fill, or almost fill, the disc) to see if you replicate the problem.

I did think about a trying to do it in two parts but could not get my head around trying to capture something which appears not to be there. Any advice on this parts so I can have a go.
Stick the disc back in your DVD recorder and create a couple of playlists. One that plays the first half and one that plays the second half. If your unsure how to do this refer to the page 32 in your manual. The option to import the two playlists will be available when you re-import the recording into TMPG Enc Author.

Rasczak said:
That does suggest that there isn't a problem with your setup but there is with the recording. I suggest you try importing several more recordings (preferrably ones that fill, or almost fill, the disc) to see if you replicate the problem.

Stick the disc back in your DVD recorder and create a couple of playlists. One that plays the first half and one that plays the second half. If your unsure how to do this refer to the page 32 in your manual. The option to import the two playlists will be available when you re-import the recording into TMPG Enc Author.

Thanks for this .......... I was just thinking the capture always stops at the same point (frame) on the disc which is actually in a commerical. Just saw the option of Partial Erase (page 31) and thought would a way forward be to erase these adverts and try again on the basis it could be a bad or crupt part of the disc. What do you think if you think this is not a possiblity I will create the playlist as you suggested. Thanks Mike

What do you think if you think this is not a possiblity I will create the playlist as you suggested
Try the Playlist first. The E55 has two types of editing:
- Destructive (Partial Erase) where the parts you don't want are deleted forever
- Non-destructive (Playlists) where you effectively create a 'custom recording' on the same disc

If you use the Playlists then the original will remain intact so, in the unlikely event we don't find a workaround, you could always import it into a different programme, e.g. Ulead Moviestudio.

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you but had a bit of a nightmare last night. I created some chapters (to then create a play list) but accidently deleted the chapters thinking I was only deleting the chapter in/out points and not the whole chapter. So I lost to DVD I wanted to edit.............you live and learn !!!

I do have another which caused the same problem and will test that later and come back to you. Wanted to post this so you had an update and could have a laugh :lesson:

Contact you again soon. Whilst posting this what DVD-rams DVd-rs do you recommend in case it's is a disc problem.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks and regards

Mike

Mike777 said:
Sorry for the delay in coming back to you but had a bit of a nightmare last night. I created some chapters (to then create a play list) but accidently deleted the chapters thinking I was only deleting the chapter in/out points and not the whole chapter. So I lost to DVD I wanted to edit.............you live and learn !!!

I do have another which caused the same problem and will test that later and come back to you. Wanted to post this so you had an update and could have a laugh :lesson:

Contact you again soon. Whilst posting this what DVD-rams DVd-rs do you recommend in case it's is a disc problem.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks and regards

Mike

Update : Created two play lists......... one just with the element I was having problems with and within TMPGenc it stated nothing was there 00:00 minutes / 00:00 mb.

I think I will put this down to a bad disc (although it plays ok in my DMR E-55 and also the PC)and just see how things go in the future.

Talking of disc....any veiws on what DVDs as in the pervious post

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom