1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E-digital??

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by TopMeTom, Mar 23, 2003.

1. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hi after looking through sites i found advanced mp3 players,anyways,Iwas wondering if anyone had a treo15 or odyssey 1000 and if so,are they worth the money??
    Phil:D

2. mjm01

mjm01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil

I received a Treo 10 las week (same as the 15 but with a 10GB drive instead of 15GB).

Pretty incredible value for money.

Two things I would advise:

1) the included Koss headphones are terrible, I'm using a pair of in-ear Sennheiser MX-500's ... superb quality overall and the built in equaliser on "Rock" setting givges great bass reponse but with the high level detail intact (I use .wma format @ 128kbs ... sometimes mp3 @160kbs).

2) depending on how old the unit is .. make sure you update the firmware with the Feb2003 update available from the edigital site.

Let me know if you want any more info.

Mark M

3. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hi,just ordered my treo 15,where,how much are the headphones you recommend?:clap:
    Phil

4. mjm01

mjm01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I paid about £20 for them from

http://www.askdirect.co.uk/search/Sennheiser_MX500.html

... but I notice thay have them @ £14 inc VAT ... bloody typical (I did get them over a year ago !)

I also have some Sony MDR-EX70LP Fontopia's that Amazon have for about £28 ... mind blowing bass but not very natural sounding. The Sennheisers, like the HD650's I use at home, are suited to in house, in office type listening when ther's not much going on around you ... superb range etc ... if its fat beats at the gym type stuff your after, the Sony's are pretty good.

Hope you enjoy the Treo 15 ... I'm jealous about the extra 5GB you'll have already

:smashin:

Mark M

5. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    found it to be not loud enough with the headphones supplied,tried my mates aiwa 's nearly blew my eardrums out!!
    have to buy some decent phones now!!!

6. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a bit late, but I just ordered and received one of these....

Amazing value at 150 quid !!! - recommended :)

/BJ