E***** D*****

G

G.M

I won't name them in case I run foul of the moderators.
I ordered a tv from them 4 weeks ago. After one no show by the courier an alternative date was arranged, the day before, the courier cancelled the delivery.
I then cancelled the order. For the last 2 weeks I've been trying to get a refund. I received a refund for the delivery charge but not the tv.
When I 'phone them they give me a date when my visa will be refunded but it never is.
'Phoned them again today,they're snowed under by people wanting refunds(they blame their couriers) and they have a backlog to the 24/10 to clear.
Visa won't do anything until 60 days have elapsed.
What can I do to speed the process up, as I had to borrow money to get my set elsewhere?
regards,
Gavin Mabon

You can name the supplier in the thread title - infact I would prefer you to as the current title doesn't mean a thing.
But please put your real name in your signature.

hi mate i know what company your having problems with. as i delt with the shop & not the inernet side of the company. i was able to take it back & get a refund there & then.loads of people are haveing problems get stuff deliverd of there internet site.if i was you i would just keep phoning them & put pressure on them to credit your card thats what i did with another internet company.hope you get it sorted.

Spectre, have done as requested.
Liverpool, carried out transaction via tel no. rather than via website.
regards,
G.M.

G.M. I had a similar situation to you a while back (with another company for a computer monitor).

Have you filled in all the transaction dispute papers for your Card Co. yet? Have you had an explanation from them explaining that they will refund you if the retailer fails to? If both of these are true then you should write a letter to empire explaining that you have contacted your credit card co. and they have confirmed that they will refund the money to you using the Chargeback system. This should set alarm bells ringing at empire as when a card company does this, they fine the retailer quite heavily.

Hope this is of some help and that this works out for you sooner rather than later. :)

Bank of Scotland won't get involved regarding a visa refund, until 60 days have elapsed.
I've contacted trading standards, who are monitoring the situation. Apart from that, there doesn't seem a lot else I can do.
regards,
G.M.

Bought in the past from them and thought they were great.
However just bought a VCR. Price beat Comet - Delivered fairly quickly and well packed. But faulty.
Then my troubles start - I ask for replacement. 3 NO SHOWS by carrier (but I contacted carriers and don't think they are to blame).
Umpteen looooong waits to talk to customer services - (Do they do this all day/every day?) - I'll never use them again!

It's now been collected - let's see if/when the replacement arrives.

Auldendunn, empire direct blame the couriers (endeavour) for not
coming to collect the item from their warehouse.Then, when you 'phone endeavour to find out why they haven't collected it, they say empire direct don't have the item in stock.
I'm still waiting to get a refund 3 weeks after cancelling.
Best of luck, you're going to need it.
regards,
G.M.

UPDATE
Last posted 26 Nov telling you my VCR had been collected at last.
Now 7 December - still no replacement.

Letter ignored. Regular phone calls get no result (plenty of promises of action, call backs etc).

I believe that research has shown that dis-satisfied customers tell about 16 other people of their bad experience. I want to tell at least 1600 about mine.
(BTW I don't just moan about bad service. I called them on two occasions previously to commend them on good service - but then nothing was faulty!!).

I think research has also shown that one of the major reasons for costomer discontent is "poor or no response to help enquiries".
Don't they realise that putting things right quickly can win customer loyalty.
Sorry for rambling a bit, but you all know the feelings that accompany these situations, eh?
Cheers all.

Further update
VCR replaced with "not new" model. Now waiting on another replacement. Letter and emails ignored.
Did I tell you I'll never buy from them again?
Merry Christmas to all members and all the best for 2003.

Hi I also had/having problems with Empire direct

they advertise themselves as being membre of RETRA

so I emailed retra and they are investigating empiredirect

so all of you who had problems...please mail RETRA... email address on empire's website or retra.co.uk

Thanks rmsdev
I'll do just that
Regards

APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE IF THIS FALLS OUTSIDE THE MODERATORS GUIDELINES BUT WRITING THIS IN A HURRY TO VENT MY FRUSTRATION BEFORE I KILL SOMEONE.

I to have had problems with these guys.

I ordered a Toshiba 32ZD26p from them on the 15th november, rang them on the 27th November to find out where it was, told they had sent one out to me on the 23rd November. Mmmmm, well where is it, spoke to various people with no joy. Then told me they had been having problems with a carrier (Endeavour) and that they had taken the order off them as the original order had vanished.

So, okay fair enough, these things happen, been quite understanding there, but that isn't the end of it, spoke to varying people over the following two weeks and got the "it's on order still", then got "there is one allocated for you ready for delivery", to be told a day or so later (me checking out there stories here) "sorry we are still waiting for them".

Got to much, so on the 11th December this was there last chance, rang them, messed around again, so cancelled my order, the Sales guy then said that due to the inconvenience he would waiver my £30 delivery charge, excellent. Told him if I ordered they would charge me there new price as the price went up that week, he said he would honour the original price with free delivery. It gets better. Told him to cancel my order, credit me for the full amount, and to ring me back the following day to order (last Thursday).

No phone call, surprise surprise, emailed him 5 times, one reply only saying he would get someone to call me back, surprise surprise no phone call. Friday night (13th December), ran them up, spoke to someone different this time, explained everything again, he confirmed my order had been cancelled, I had a refund on my account, all ready for the new order.

Told the guy about the price being the old one with free delivery, he said "yes no problem, do that for you now", confirmed they were still out of stock and due this week. Got my credit card statement yesterday, no transaction for Empire, rang my card company, they confirmed the last transaction was my credit on the 11th December, no transaction from Empire.

Please bear in mind this is now classed as a NEW SALE, rung them this morning, and guess what, no new order for me on their system, so I've torn a strip of the sales guy I spoke to this morning, told him how disgusted I am with there service and that I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

VERY ANNOYED.

On the good side though, at lease I have my credit which I know from other users of the forum has been a nightmare in it's self to get back.

Buyers be aware, whilst on-line dealers can offer superb prices, there sale and after sales support is far from superb, a trip to various place in the January sales from a local dealer will be my next step.

Please post more on these guys as I would like to here from other

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i`ve had the same sort of problems as you with a different company.& i will never order big stuff like tvs of the net again.i have had 5 tvs from empire the shop not the net site.& must say they were great to deal with no problems in getting a replacement when the tvs were faulty.only on the last tv did they get a bit funny but they said sorry when i took the tv back for a refund.that i got there & then so i`d buy from the shop again.it is strange the way the net site treats people & well out of order.

Hi,

I had the same Sort of problem with them when i ordered my DVD player, i ordered online and got an email to confirm my order. 3 days later the DVD player did not arrive and so i phoned them to hear that my order had been printed off but not added to the system (They must have such a crap system) and so it would be added that day and to phone back at 4 to get my consigment order.

Well i phoned back and surprise the order had not been put on the system so i made the bloke do it there and then and got my consigment number (couriers order number)

Anyway DVD player arrived but will never use these guys again and it seems the way they handel web orders is just not reliable enough for my me.

I recently ordered a SONY 32FX 66 Tv from www.webelectricals.co.uk and there service was spot on was delivered on time and the TV is fantastic and so i would order from them again.

I guess its the luck of the draw which company you goto.

Anyone else had the same sort of problems???

Cheers

Dal :rolleyes:

Would you please append your posts to include your name, if applicable.

A colleague at work has ordered a DVD player from these last week, even though I advised against it after seeing this thread.

After been assured an Xmas delivery, he rang on Sat to chase up and was told 100% monday delivery!!

Rang today and was told 'I cannot be 100% mega sure, you'll get it today, you're most likely get it after Xmas, cos we are dead busy. Thanks bye brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'

Yes the adviser hung up on him!!! He rang to cancel his order and purchase at Comet and was told his order would be out today, but he should buy another 'just in case'.

I told him to kick off and complain, so he rang 3 times, he had to ring 3 times and each time he said 'I'd like to speak to a supervisor please' he was

a) cut off
b) left on hold for 20 minutes then cut off
c) Told 'I'll get one to call you back' then hung up on, without giving any details!!

Just thought I'd add to the saga!!!

And so the saga continues.

Everything you have listed is so similar to my situation.

How can they get away with treating people the way they do ??

it is out order the way they treat people.i got the same treatment as spiders mate from a different internet company.but when i did get to speak to some one in charge i give um it big time.empire have two stores near where i live one in roundhay & one in bradford the one in bradford is a mega store & they have all the tv & dvds ect in stock so you can collect there & then.the one in leeds gets the people who deliver the stuff for the internet site to deliver the stuff as it is a smaller place than the one in bradford.& people seem to have the same problem with the leeds store as they do with the internet site.like i have said before i have delt with this company a few time & will again. but it is well out of order the way they seem to treat people.

HI

I mentioned before I had the same problem with empiredirect

long time on hold
cut off after holding for >30 mins
etc...

RETRA is currently investigating them

so please PLEASE email RETRA to make the case stronger...

http://www.retra.co.uk

regards

I too am currently being messed about by said company. Every order I have made has had a snag to it and this current (and last, I've learnt my lesson) one takes the biscuit. Returned a Tv to them on the 11/12/02 and have since rang them 3 times to see if they had processed the refund only to be told "ahh yes, Ill do that now for you!" and then find myself hearing the same words a few days later. This situation is different, however.
I rang up today to see if anything had been done only to be told that they didn't have my credit card details on file and that I needed to prove I had been charged for the TV by sending them a credit card statement. Well, I pointed out the fact that I wouldn't have received the TV if I had not been charged and also pointed out that I have proof it was returned. I then threatened legal action as I would be charged interest on my card due to negligence on their part. This must have made them cack as I was put on hold for about 10 seconds and then pleasantly told they had my details. Then, to top it all off, the immortal words were uttered... "ahh yes, I'll do that for you now". Im ringing them back to see if they keep their word.
Now, who's taking bets?

Be carefull when you ring them up at this time of night.

If you are on still on hold after 18:00 stay on hold if you hang up and redial you get "i'm sorry our sales offices are now closed", stick with it and someone will answer.

I've got a direct email address for someone in the sales office if your interested, and their direct phone number :D :D :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom