E-bay StraightThru Silver Interconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
se30mavrek said:
Hmmm... Was looking about for interconnects and did see the Straighthru ones and then found the following:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9736760417&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

There seems to be a few ebay only sellers and so finding information on them is difficult. Anyone compared the Straighthru with those in the link? :lease:

That looks very similar to this:

http://www.buyoyo.com/DVDshelf/Cover/avcable/501208-5408-1.5.JPG

Here is a comparison for anyone who is interested:

vs

to me, the only difference being that the second one costs £20 here's the link to the specs.

http://www.buyoyo.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...=152&CGRY_NUM=251&style=1&LANGUAGE=1&curr=GBP

To be honest I think they have just re-badged it. The presentation box it comes in looks remarkably similar to the one you get with the one I linked, except, it's in english obviously.

Edit
I've done abit of reading and it seems that both these cables are most probably produced by Shenzhen Yilong Electronics. If you were considering that cable I would buy it off the website I linked and save yourself £60.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Dankeech said:
Although his claims may be extreme, he appears to be trading in a good manner regardless of claims on his products.
Dan.

I think he realises this is the only way he can sell these cables well on eBay. I would not have tried them if is were not for this. Even though I did not like the cables I will have him a +ve for his customer service. Looking through his feedback, you can sort of work out the odd one that hints at them not keeping the cable, but 95% look like they have kept it.

Nevertheless, this guy does not doubt his cables one bit.

KingKrell said:
I think he realises this is the only way he can sell these cables well on eBay. I would not have tried them if is were not for this. Even though I did not like the cables I will have him a +ve for his customer service. Looking through his feedback, you can sort of work out the odd one that hints at them not keeping the cable, but 95% look like they have kept it.

Nevertheless, this guy does not doubt his cables one bit.

Agreed on Cust service. I think with Cust Service like this then he deserves positive.

As for cables, I guess it's just opinion. I do agree with claims being pretty extreme too. This guy really likes his cables. I can't comment, just I'm happy with mine, but they're just connected to NAD A/V amp to NAD DVD player for audio.

Dan.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. There's just a few misconceptions I'd like to clear up without getting involved in the kinds of scraps that give internet chat groups a bad name! And just so folks of the last-word persuasion won't expend all their energy so there's none left for fighting with the rest of you, I'll happily take up any email conversations about this, but won't be reading or replying to any more posts in this thread, since I wasn't a member until a few minutes ago and don't intend to remain one - too busy, sorry!

We don't get arsey with our customers and if the tone of my emails suggested that then, I truly am sorry. I can't quite see it myself but there you go! We believe in our cables, and for that I won't apologise, of course! We sell hundreds of cables every month (on the back of recommendations and our eBay listing) and get a return of currenly around one set in 350. Our customers have systems ranging from a few hundred pounds to tens of thousands of pounds. We therefore make our claims based on a strong track record of satisfaction.

I disagree that our cables are prozaic. The conductors are a carefully selected silver alloy with precision gold plating for controlling the skin behaviour for the conductor's closely precise diameter. If you wanted to make a single one of our cables, the materials would cost you more than our current retail price. We are a small cable-manufacturing company working with some of the best precious metal workers in the world (we source worldwide), and are about to move our products into selected stores and web retailers. We're about to do this on the strength and goodwill of customers with £20K+ systems who have tried all the cables under the sun and find they prefer ours, and are willing to say so. Our customer base is split about 50/50 between very experienced audiophiles and audiophiles with more modest and budget systems.

With great respect to you all guys, if the cables don't work in your system, then we're sorry and disappointed - we couldn't fake all our feedback and it would be deception, which is illegal, to fabricate our customer testimonials. We will try to help if our cable don't work out. Our cables don't have the sonic signatures you're talking about in the vast majority of cases and when our cables don't perform, not only are we unhappy about it but we will also, if a customer is happy to co-operate, try to work through to a resolution, with or without our cable finally in a customer's system.

That's my piece, anyway. Thanks again, guys. Best, Dave.

Thanks Davey and on that note I think that we can put this one to bed now :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom