• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

E-Bay : Beware

B

Black Custard

Hi all..

I am very dissapointed with Crampton and Moore. :censored: :censored:
I won a Sharp LC32GA3E through on of their e-bay auctions :) . We phoned up to pay and they took the payment telling us that delivery would be on the next Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Tuesday comes and no delivery :( , so we phone them up to find that they did not have one of these sets :mad: , even though their auction had been over 10 days.

This did not stop them taking the money, which they are now having to re-fund to me or offering me another model, 374E or a 375E, neither of which I wanted.

I must say I am extreamly annoyed with them and this was expressed to them over the phone and also our unhappiness with them auctioning an item they did not have. :nono:

All I can say to all potential Crampton and Moore e-bay bidders is beware and ensure they have the item they are selling. They are still quite happy to take your money :censored: :censored:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Thats Ebay for you!

Was this item significantly cheaper on Ebay than on other internet retailers? Don't think I would ever risk buying something of that value on Ebay.

But if they are giving you a refund then everything sounds like it will be ok.

B

Black Custard

Crampton and Moore are supposed to be a reputable company, alot of people on this forum do business with them, hence that why I bid for their item through their Ebay shop.( They have an internet shop and a retail shop in Sheffield )

I have noticed that they have another auction up for a 37ga3e. I have e-mailed them to ask them how they intend to supply the winner with the auction..

neilmcl

Don't forget to vote with your feedback. Make sure they get negative feedback from you on this so other potential ebuyers can take note.

B

Black Custard

Feedback Left :rolleyes: needless to say, I was none too complementary :D

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Surprised. Bought my PJ from them. Very quick service. But I decided to use their online shop, not their ebay advertisement....PJ

deadred

Just out of interest, why didn't you take the 374E...............i would of ripped their hand off

B

Black Custard

I really don't want the 4E, I don't like the side speakers..

They reckon that they might still be able to get a 3E as they have been promised 2 by sharp,

They might yet be able to redeam themselves in my eyes

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom