e-50 help please......

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by creative1971, Jan 4, 2004.

1. creative1971

creative1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading many threads on this forum i still cant get sky digi to work with my e-50. I must have tried every possible combination of scart leads there is!

At the moment i have

sky digi vcr scart -tv av2
    sky digi tv scart - e-50 av2
    e-50 av1 - tv av1

all set to rgb

Problem is that i cant get a stable sky picture on av1 (rgb) on the tv, all i get is a scrambled green tinted picture. If i turn all the rgb settings to normal(pal) i get a black screen with just sound.

Can anyone give any advice on this prob please.

2. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Presumedly your TV supports RGB inputs from both AV1 and AV2 ?

Reverse the AV1/AV2 connects on the TV and try Sky VCR Scart -> TV AV1 and E50 -> TV AV2, does that reproduce identical results for the E50 output via AV2 ? Switch the scart cables, does that 'shift' the problem ?

Did you set both AV1 and AV2 to RGB in the E50's setup screens? Not sure what difference the "normal/decoder/ext link" connection options mean there though ...

3. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Your connections are fine.

Can you give me more information on the TV - what make is it and how old?

Scart leads - are you using RGB scarts?

E50 - what have you got the AV1/AV2 settings set up as. They should be;

AV1 output - RGB
    AV2 input - RGB
    AV2 connection - normal

To try your set up with ordinary video to rule out a problem with AV1 on your TV, change AV1 output and AV2 input to "Video" and your digibox to "Pal"

Let us know how you get on.

4. creative1971

creative1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replys, jem tried all that.

Its a hitachi tv (c32w 510sn) with2 scarts, av1 is rgb av2 is just normal i think. If i turn all rgb off i just get black screen with sound, turn all rgb on and get this distorted picture.
    The e50 play dvds fine and records rf signals ok.

Tried sky on rgb straight into tv av1 and thats fine. So the problem is when passing through the e50 the signal is gettin g messed up.

5. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Have you tried each scart cable on its own? e.g. from digibox straight to TV AV1 - just to rule out a cable problem.

When you watch Sky through the E50 what are you selecting on the E50?

Are you sure you changed over the AV2 input? A black screen with no picture usually means that the E50 is expecting an RGB source but not getting it?

6. creative1971

creative1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will try checking all cablse again, deffinatley changed av2 input

Thanks

7. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LMK how you get on ... I have almost identical setup here (Hitachi 36WS810 with Sky+ and a Panny e50) with no probs and on the Hitachis only AV1 is RGB ...

have you tapped the hidden 'input select' and cycled it around the sources with no effect also ?

8. creative1971

creative1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the replys, the problem is now sorted although i really still dont know what was wrong!

tested all the scarts as jem suggested, put them all back as i had them (i think!) and bingo it came up perfect.

Can only thing i've got a dodgy lead or connector somewhere but hopefully i'm all sorted now.

Thanks again