E-30 conncetion to S-VHS video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by broadhurst, Oct 19, 2002.

1. broadhurst

broadhurst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased an E-30 . I've connected to my Panasonic S-VHS video recorder to the E-30 with S-VHS connections and I'm getting flickering pictures towards the top of the screen. When I connect my DV cvamcorder S-VHS TO S-VHS to the E-30 the picture is perfect.
    Any ideas please
    Thanks in advance.

By the way anybody know where the best deals are on stable DVD-R disks for the E-30?

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How old is your S-Video recorder? This seems like a phenomena called flagging!

I havn't heard of it for years but it could be a compatibilty issue. Is it OK on composite?

Try a search for the disks

DaveP

3. broadhurst

broadhurst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how old the Video recorder is I purchased it about 2 years ago it's a NV-HS820-B. Sorry I'm new to this what do you mean by composite? Should I try scart connections. Other than this problem the quality of recordings from broadcast are super.
    At the moment I am having to copy my old vhs tapes to the camcorder then onto the E-30, the results are perfect but it would be nice to record directly from the VCR.
    Thanks in advance

4. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    broadhurst. Sounds like the recorder is not up to spec. I only have a standard VHS recorder and recordings which are transfering beautifully. Sometimes I will freeze the VHS picture in order to extend the program title at the beginning of a program. and sometimes I get a flickering at the top of the screen as a result. The flickering is not visible until I play the DVD recording back. I adjusted the tracking control on the VHS machine then all was fine. Have you tried tracking adjustment? It may help!

5. broadhurst

broadhurst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem only happens on the S-VHS recorded tapes. I have just tried a normal VHS and everything is fine.

What brand or type of disc are people getting success with on the E-30?

6. broadhurst

broadhurst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have tried composite connections and seems better than S-VHS but still get a flick here and there but not as much as S-VHS.
    Also tried connecting a DVD player to E-30 and get constant bars across screen. The DV camcorder is perfect and so is my Skybox connected to the E-30. I am baffled as to why I am not getting a good connection with VCR and DVD player?
    Any ideas please