Dynaudio Xeo 20 vs Acoustic Energy AE1 Active

Profanum

Established Member
Reaction score
Not considering the wired/wireless and price difference, which of these speakers sound better?
I own Dynaudio Xeo 2-s for last year and I love them, however I saved some to upgrade to the next level. Any other suggestions for HiFi active pair under $2000 will be appreciated, especially with comparison with 2 above models. Thank you.

Hi Profanum. I can't tell which of these speakers sound better, have not heard the AE1's yet, but I do know how the Xeo 20's sound. Have them for more than a year now and I'm still stunned on their performance! It's incredible what can come out of these relative small speakers. I have a simple and small setup: together with a Dynaudio Connect I use them on a Denon DCD1600 SACD-player. Next to that I stream music from my MacBook via an Apple TV to the Connect. The soundstage of this setup (especially from the DCD1600) is really nice. On top of that the speakers produce a very dynamic and detailed sound, even at higher volumes. I am very happy with the Xeo's...

Hi Profanum. I can't tell which of these speakers sound better, have not heard the AE1's yet, but I do know how the Xeo 20's sound. Have them for more than a year now and I'm still stunned on their performance! It's incredible what can come out of these relative small speakers. I have a simple and small setup: together with a Dynaudio Connect I use them on a Denon DCD1600 SACD-player. Next to that I stream music from my MacBook via an Apple TV to the Connect. The soundstage of this setup (especially from the DCD1600) is really nice. On top of that the speakers produce a very dynamic and detailed sound, even at higher volumes. I am very happy with the Xeo's...

Thanks for the reply, I decided to push my budget a little and get the new KEF LS50W II.

Are the Dynaudio Xeo's a birght sounding speaker at all? I am trying to decide between the Xeo 20, Dali Oberon 1C and Buchardt A500 but I can't go demo any of them (I know the Buchardt have a 45 day return option). I like that the Dynaudio can be controlled by an app remotely.

I think they are, still very happy! In the meantime I have combined the Xeo's with a Rotel pre-amp to be somewhat more flexible in connections, which proofed to be a positive addition. Especially the signal from digital sources sounds far more vibrant and has a broader stage. Obviously the DAC in the Rotel is better than the one in the Dynaudio Connect I have...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom