Dynaudio Core Sub

magicvinny

Established Member
Reaction score
Core Sub

I came across this subwoofer and did some online searching but could not find much people who are actually using this subwoofer.
If I look at the specs this seems like a killer sub:
Woofer:4 x 9in
Inputs:Analogue and AES3 digital inputs (no sample-rate conversion)
Resolution:Maximum 24-bit / 192 kHz, depending on input signal
(32, 44.1, 48, 96 & 192 kHz sample rates supported, analogue runs at 192 kHz)
Max SPL:120 dB
Specification sheet for Core part 1
Frequency response (- 6 dB):13.5 Hz – 200 Hz
Frequency response (+/- 3 dB):15 Hz – 165 Hz
Box principle:Sealed enclosure
Amplifiers:Pascal Class-D amplifiers: LF 2 x 500 W
Dimensions:390 mm, 365 mm, 514 mm (W x D x H)
15 3⁄8in, 14 3⁄8in, 20 1⁄4in (W x D x H)
Weight:48 kg (105.8 lb)

Do you think this would we a good sub for HT applications?

Marketed to be used with the Core powered monitor speakers sharing same DSP.

"By using the same electronic platform as the rest of the Core products, we can ensure that the Sub’s behaviour and tonality are identical to the monitors – which means you get a totally integrated system, not a separate product just for bass."

If one doesn`t have Core speakers and size isn´t limiting factor then not sure why one would pick this over let`s say similar dual opposite sealed designs like PSA S3012 or Arendal 1723 2S. The Core sub costs 3150£, where as Arendal costs 1775£ and PSA probably under 2000£ (?), i can´t see PSA price as the site is down. Smaller cabinet with smaller drivers with not so much power as one could have hoped to compensate and product from speaker manufacturer who probably doesn´t have similar expertise when it comes to subwoofers like the two mentioned..

Most of the brands that sell speakers and subs are marketing that them subs are integrating best with them speakers. I’m not really sure if this is always correct. You see a lot of home theaters with a certain brand of speakers and using a different brand of subwoofers.
I’m not looking for a “boombox” but a sub wich is accurate and fast. I know most of those subs are more suitable for music then for HT. Just don’t like the “American-style” of home theaters where bass is omnipresent.

Other solution I was thinking of was REL subs.

What I would like to achieve in the end is a system with 4 subs. 2 for LFE and 2 to help out with mid-bass. I have a Lyngdorf processor that could handle the 4 subs without any problems.

The Arendal 1723S is now £1,999.... I've just paid £2,450 (ish) for the Dynaudio Core Sub. I've got a pair of Dynaudio Core 7's to go with it. I'll also put it into the theatre and test it out there as well. I'll put this into a treated ( imperfectly sized ) room. Initially running XLR but might go AES later with outboard equalisation.

Very interested to hear what you think of the core sub so close to buying one but just didn’t have the bottle with hardly any reviews!

Great price too they were £3k when I was looking a few weeks ago!

Yeah, Bax dropped the price today. Then on top of that if you have honey installed on your browser you find a voucher for 5% off the £2,600. Put it via Quidco for .75% cash back then put it no a card ( Amazon ) that gives you 2% cash back,

I can't see how it can't be a bad sub. But your right, no reviews. However, it's more of a pro sub/speaker and those guys don't review, they just get on and use. It's us hifi geeks that need the reassurance. So, in the end I have three options, return, hifi room or movie room !

Great price mate - I have a big soft spot for Dynaudio and can imagine it’ll be a superb subwoofer.

As I said in your other thread if funds ever allow id love to have one (three in total) of these plus a core 59 as my front L / C / R!

Hopefully it won’t take too long to turn up…I put an order in with BAX last week for something and they said it’s be 19 weeks lead time!!

19 Weeks !!! Darn those supply chains. On the plus side it allows you to save to pay for it.

I’d had my eye hovering on the Core Sub and was surprised by the price move, especially in comparison to the other retailers.

And I always try to get CC % and a cash back if I can. Not doing that is like throwing money away !

One thing for sure. My room would NOT take the 59. I’m amazed by the sound levels the 7 puts out.

Ever considered 7 ( Left ) 59 7 ( Right ) ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom