1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynaudio Contour Centre

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Melvin, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Melvin

Melvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I recently purchased this speaker from ex-demo stock. Hence, no manual was supplied. Does anyone own this speaker? If so could you tell me what the three way toggle switch at the back of the speaker does/is used for. I have found that it boosts the volume level. What setting does it need to be for movies. Would it be different for music?

Cheers..

p.s This is an excellent speaker.

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi

Don't own them but I agree they are superb speakers, almost bought them instead of my MA Gold Refs when choosing last year.

Suggest you email Dynaudio for a manual and tell them what your fronts are so they can suggest a setting to suit.

From memory the switch adjusts the woofer output to match different types of front speaker so I expect once set you would use the same setting all the time. At the end of the day just use the setting which sounds best :)

Gus

3. Melvin

Melvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Gus..
    I have set the centre speaker to it's maximum setting. It now sounds roughly the same level as my fronts (Dynaudio Contour 1.1's).
    IMHO there's now a lovely uniformity of sound across the front three speaker.