dynaudio bm5 speakers - deal or steal?

D

draculadave

hi every1. i am hoping to get into audio engineering and have started getting a home studio set and was going to get samson resolv 80a active monitors. until... on ebay ast night i seen dynaudio bm5 passives for sale £230inc deliveryetc., now was this right decision? also i have not looked into any amplifiers but was told a good second hand hi fi amp would be best (ie. quad).
what do u suggest? i would need it mainly for mixing, recording so would need extremely flat frequency response.
thanks
dave

KatTV

Novice Member
hi every1. i am hoping to get into audio engineering and have started getting a home studio set and was going to get samson resolv 80a active monitors. until... on ebay ast night i seen dynaudio bm5 passives for sale £230inc deliveryetc., now was this right decision? also i have not looked into any amplifiers but was told a good second hand hi fi amp would be best (ie. quad).
what do u suggest? i would need it mainly for mixing, recording so would need extremely flat frequency response.
thanks
dave

I have had a pair of BM5s for about 8 years, and they neve fail to impress - i bought them from Turnkey after auditioning most of their nearfields at the time, and I paired them up with a Samson 260 amp - beautifully flat sound - crisp, very punchy, detailed and even responses.

KatTV

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom