1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynaudio Audience 82 system matching

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nevC, Mar 1, 2003.

1. nevC

nevC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Been considering the 82's as front speakers. Anyone have idea what centre and sub would match these speakers? Would the REL Q150 be dynamic and fast enough to keep up? Has anyone experienced a delayed effect with subs? I would like to build a system as capable with music as with home cinema. Would the JM Labs cc800 or B&W LCR6 S2 be suitable as centres?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I would recommend the Dynaudio Audience 122C as a perfect match for the centre. I use this alongside Dynaudio Contour 1.8's and IMO it's an excellent centre speaker.

As for a sub, I would recommend that you wait until you get the 82's before getting one. The 82's go low to around 25 Hz (3db point), which is as low as many subs (excluding the really big designs). Unless you have a large room, I don't think you'll need a sub.

BTW, I listened extensively to the 82's before I settled on the Contours. They really are superb speakers.

Steve