Bargain Dynaudio active speakers...

Orobas

Shame they're the active.... i would have snapped them up if they'd been the passive :(

Paul7777x

Shame they're the active.... i would have snapped them up if they'd been the passive :(
Try the actives sir, it’s the future :smashin:

Ps, I note that the Kandy has pre outs... hmmm... could be worth a shot. You’d get your money back at that price if they didn’t tickle your ears...

Last edited:

Orobas

ooooh ta... added to me watch list for pay day :)

DT79

ooooh ta... added to me watch list for pay day :)
If you fancy the X14, getting the active version at a cheaper price is an utter no brainer. There is simply no way that the passive version, with any power amp on earth, is going to sound better that the same speaker, but with an active crossover and tailored amplification per driver.

Paul7777x

If you fancy the X14, getting the active version at a cheaper price is an utter no brainer. There is simply no way that the passive version, with any power amp on earth, is going to sound better that the same speaker, but with an active crossover and tailored amplification per driver.
Have to agree :smashin:

Orobas

Call me a snob.. but i have gotten too used to the roksan/dynaudio sound :rotfl:

Orobas

Aha... but isn’t any house sound of an integrated in the preamp section...?
This is true. I have heard the actives... but having had the roksan with the dynaudio for so long now and knowing the rok especially with the audience 52's... the actives just dont quite have the same presence. Now if i had the money and one was available.. then the roksan would immediately be out of the window and be replaced with the mighty Restek Challenger.. that is one amp that scares just about any speaker into submission!