Question Dynaudio 18S studio sub for home theater?

Taffalito

Hi,
when researching for subwoofers I came upon Dynaudios Pro subwoofer, called 18S, here it is at Thomann: Dynaudio 18S It costs £1265 and to me it seems to share most if not all components with Dynaudios far more expensive HT/hifi sub 6 at £1999: Dynaudio Sub 6 (Subwoofers)

As far as I can tell, the enclosure, amplifier, woofers, measured output and back plate are the same. Are there any drawbacks choosing this particular sub? I find it rather good value, compared to the expensive Sub 6. It will be used in a small studio apartment, so no huge listening area to fill with bass. My other alternatives at roughly the same price are SVS SB-3000, Elac SUB 2070 and the new Arendal subwoofer 1S.

Gilbers

Hi,
when researching for subwoofers I came upon Dynaudios Pro subwoofer, called 18S, here it is at Thomann: Dynaudio 18S It costs £1265 and to me it seems to share most if not all components with Dynaudios far more expensive HT/hifi sub 6 at £1999: Dynaudio Sub 6 (Subwoofers)

As far as I can tell, the enclosure, amplifier, woofers, measured output and back plate are the same. Are there any drawbacks choosing this particular sub? I find it rather good value, compared to the expensive Sub 6. It will be used in a small studio apartment, so no huge listening area to fill with bass. My other alternatives at roughly the same price are SVS SB-3000, Elac SUB 2070 and the new Arendal subwoofer 1S.
If you don’t mind waiting for it to come in stock it’s cheaper here: BAX, plus they offer a 120 day trial policy, so you can try it in your room for up to 4 months!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom