Dynasties HLG HDR on sk8000

nsmhd

Novice Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues getting HLG HDR on Dynasties via the inbuilt BBC iPlayer app?
I get the UHD res but it does not switch to HLG not had any issues with any of the past BBC iPlayer HLG trials and the test video still plays ok in HLG. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Check for a firmware update. LG has released an update that solves this issue.

Are you sure its actually HLG? If I manually switch HLG on and off on Dynasties I dont see any difference. If I do it on the Beta football loop trial I can clearly see a difference

Thanks Grumpyrocker I shall take a look on LGs website I did do a check the other night via the tv but nothing was picked up.

As far as I’m aware it should be HLG according to the bbc blog post and other reports unless I’m mistaken? I have watched the first episode and even without the hlg it still looked quite good.

Are you sure its actually HLG? If I manually switch HLG on and off on Dynasties I dont see any difference. If I do it on the Beta football loop trial I can clearly see a difference

How exactly are you manually switching HLG on and off?

If it's "HDR Effect" then that's not HLG or HDR at all, just a fake picture setting.

On my Sony A1, there is an setting in advanced pic - video - HDR mode.
Selections are off, auto, HDR10, HLG.
So if I select HLG or OFF I dont see a change on Dynasties. The UHD football loop test I can clearly see a difference when I switch between the two.

On my Sony A1, there is an setting in advanced pic - video - HDR mode.
Selections are off, auto, HDR10, HLG.
So if I select HLG or OFF I dont see a change on Dynasties. The UHD football loop test I can clearly see a difference when I switch between the two.

Ah I see. On LG TVs there's no manual selection of HLG.

I thought you had an LG because this is an issue we've suffered recently and update firmware was released to fix it.

Sorry no I dont have an LG, I was merely meaning that I wasnt sure Dynasties was actually in HLG anyway so that was perhaps why you weren't seeing it on your LG. Ie nothing to do with your TV but a BBC thing.

Last edited:
It's definitely in HLG. My UH850 which wasn't affected by this firmware bug was playing the HLG in Dynasties just fine, as was my Amazon 4K stick. But my newer SK8500 was not. But thankfully the firmware update fixed it.

Is the HLG version still available? I can only see the HD version on BBC iPlayer right now.

No, they were removed recently.

Yep that was very misleading - I had read somewhere they were going to be removed on the 8th so was trying to get them all watched last week and even on the 8th they were there till about 8pm ish as had just fished the 2nd to last ep then went to watch the last one but it had gone :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom