Dynamic ambient lighting

thelostprophet

Novice Member
Hi All

Ive been looking around recently for something to spruce up the gaming experience, i have a Phillips Living Colours light in the room which on red with the lights complements BF3 nicely. I have seen though a few videos on YouTube of people using lighting that can change dependant on the colours on screen. I know Phillips made the amBX system but that is bundled with speakers and now appears to have been discontinued and hard to come by.

Does anyone have an ideas on a way to create such a device or even point me in the direction of another product? I dont want to spend hundreds but im sure something can be done on the cheap :smashin:

(ive posted this up in the PC section as well but i know some people may not cross both sections on the forums so wanted to see what the Theatre guys think :smashin:)

So far ive been suggested either Madcatz Gaming Lights (RRP £90) or the Phillips amBX kit which is hard to find and around £200. I already have a speaker setup for the PC that im happy with and the Phillips kit is both speakers and lighting so a tad pointless for me.

Failing that a DIY suggestion - http://ladyada.net/make/adalight/

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom