Dying Light

Our Year

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Techland, the studio behind Dead Island and the recently-announced Hellraid, have revealed yet another first-person undead survival horror game. Dying Light will release on current-gen platforms, next-gen consoles and PC next year, offering a "vast" open world to explore and a dynamic day-night cycle.

More details and screens after the break.

“We are excited to partner with Techland on Dying Light, which is an original gaming experience for next-generation consoles,” said Kevin Kebodeaux, Senior Vice President of Sales and Operations at Warner Bros. Interactive. “The partnership with Techland allows us to combine their successful development capabilities with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s one-of-a-kind publishing expertise to deliver on this title.”

A dynamic day-night cycle factors directly into gameplay as opposed to just providing a neat visual flourish. During the day, players will traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population. At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. More dangerous critters will emerge after sundown, making for a more tense experience.

“The next-gen technology allows us to create a truly dynamic open world that features a game-changing day-night cycle,” continues Paweł Marchewka, CEO of Techland. “Inventive free running mechanics also allow for nearly unrestricted exploration and weapon-crafting to further enhance the action survival experience."

We don't yet know how developing for both current and next-gen consoles will affect the size and scale of the open world, or how different the two versions will be, but all will be revealed in time. For now, here are some in-development screenshots.
Techland Announces Another Zombie Survival Game For Next-Gen Consoles | Video Game Deals & UK News | Dealspwn.com

looks interesting, I await more news :D

When I saw the title, I assumed a prequel to Deadlight :D

that ending is brilliant :D

He may be holding a wrench, but he will never take the flame away from Gordon Freeman...

crY2I.gif

(That isn't me, if you're wondering! LOL)

He may be holding a wrench, but he will never take the flame away from Gordon Freeman...

(That isn't me, if you're wondering! LOL)

The fact you had to state it is making me suspicious :devil:

Dying Light is looking great though, deffo one to watch. Having said that, if it plays like DI then I think I'll give it a miss regardless of how good it looks. DI just felt broken and really horrible to play.

How many zombie games can be released before the genre collapses?

Shame my PS3 broke, I wouldn't mind trying that The Last of Us, 10/10 on Eurogamer and Edge magazine, shows there is still legs in this genre!

How many zombie games can be released before the genre collapses?

Shame my PS3 broke, I wouldn't mind trying that The Last of Us, 10/10 on Eurogamer and Edge magazine, shows there is still legs in this genre!

zombie games are getting a bit boring now as they've been done to death. I'm surprised even I'm saying that.

well that was bloody different, mirrors edge meets zombies.

Looks interesting.

Im going to sound stupid trying to describe this, but what was that game you linked to a little while back ivy, 2d, simple but decent graphics, comes in chapters, looked like a mystery where your actions affected what happened later

This games is a bit like a cross between mirrors edge and dead island!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom