Dying Light 2

darklight

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Since there doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread on the PS5 forum, which is strange for a sequel to such a great 1st game, I thought I'd start one as it's out in a few weeks.

I know its development had been dark for a few years but the recent gameplay looks excellent notwithstanding some of the issues highlighted ( none deal breakers for me) which I'm hoping can be addressed, for the most part by a Day 1 patch. Recently replayed the 1st one and for the 1st time, The Following. Excellent fun that still gave me the willies when I ventured out at night:eek:, which I tried not to unless completely necessary...:blush:

Noticed it for £44.95 on Ebay from evergameuk, which seems a good price. Anyone order from them before? Are they good for Day 1 delivery?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I’m looking forward to this a lot, I put in countless hours into Dying Light and the coop multiplayer story was always a nice added bonus!

They always seemed to be quite good at adding new content so hopefully should be the same
this time round

Going to wait a bit before getting this. Plenty to be playing ahead of it and I've got a niggling feeling about this one.

To be fair I'm looking forward to this much more than Horizon FW, and since it's out before it even better (plus the whole PS4 & free (on a rolling basis with each new owner?) PS5 upgrade versus PS5 version remains to be seen for HFW, as I always sell on games when I complete them ).
I'm not however looking forward to having to travel at night in Dying Light on the inevitable 'night only' quests/missions...o_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek:...there will be loads of new underwear required..no doubt :D:(

Free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 confirmed.

I suppose that begs the same question I posed for HFW. Why spend more money on the PS5 version when you can get the PS4 version cheaper and upgrade for free:nono:. Only lingering query I would have is, is the free upgrade always available, i.e. to the next person I sell on the game to and so on? Anyone know?

I suppose that begs the same question I posed for HFW. Why spend more money on the PS5 version when you can get the PS4 version cheaper and upgrade for free:nono:. Only lingering query I would have is, is the free upgrade always available, i.e. to the next person I sell on the game to and so on? Anyone know?
I would say yes after reading the following statement.

With Dying Light 2 just weeks away now, developer Techland has revealed those purchasing the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One versions of the game will be entitled to free PS5 and Xbox Series X/S upgrades respectively, should they require them at a later date.

this has been on pre order for me from day one had so much fun with the first game

Just watched a YouTube video by theRadBrad (45 mins long) with some of the side missions and I've gotta say this game does look pretty good, had my reservations before but definitely convinced now.

As I said in my 1st post the cheapest I've seen it seems to be from evergameuk. Anyone ever ordered from them? Are they fast shipping as I'd like to get on the release day. Simply Games are £4 more expensive but at least I'd be nearly 100% sure to get it on or just before release.

As I said in my 1st post the cheapest I've seen it seems to be from evergameuk. Anyone ever ordered from them? Are they fast shipping as I'd like to get on the release day. Simply Games are £4 more expensive but at least I'd be nearly 100% sure to get it on or just before release.
For me personally I would pay the extra £4.

1643128605119.png

Just got my shipping notice from Simply Games:clap:. If all goes to plan I'll be running for my life with a horde of zombies after me tomorrow night:eek::eek::eek::thumbsup:

All the reviews I have seen are looking good, mostly 8 out of 10's.

It pre-installed last night for me so ready to go once we get the day one patch.

Well I’ve just bought the big daddy edition of the first game so I’ll crack on with that, I’ll pick this one up after it’s five years of content are all out if I enjoy the first game.

the price of 60fps is 1080p. Harsh. Good to have options mind. The quality mode with RT does look nice but I don’t know if I can do 30fps now. Surprised PS5 SX didn’t manage 1440p in 60fps as that’s much cleaner on A 4K tv (uncharted remasters just come out are 1440p @60)

played dying light and dead island before that on console at 30 and yeah, the parkour and hand to hand was not as fun as it should have been at 30.

ah well still gonna pick it up

Disappointing how 4k at 60fps cant be achieved on series x or ps5. A little over 12 months from release and the games seem too powerful for the consoles. Im sat here with a 120hz 4k tv and hardly seen any games to get full use out of it.

I will start the game in quality mode to see how it looks but then play the majority of the game in performance mode. For me 60fps is the priority for a game like this.

Last edited:

Dying Light review scores​

Good old Predator.
IMG_20220203_142335.jpg

the price of 60fps is 1080p. Harsh. Good to have options mind. The quality mode with RT does look nice but I don’t know if I can do 30fps now. Surprised PS5 SX didn’t manage 1440p in 60fps as that’s much cleaner on A 4K tv (uncharted remasters just come out are 1440p @60)

played dying light and dead island before that on console at 30 and yeah, the parkour and hand to hand was not as fun as it should have been at 30.

ah well still gonna pick it up
They’ve obviously got headroom as it never drops a frame and apparently with vrr on Xbox it can scale above 60 which seems a waste when as you say they probably could have found a better compromise with a bit of a higher resolution.

Very odd game this.

RT shadows look nice but only in some scenes others they add little and compromise is 1080p and 30FPS.

Resolution mode probably to me is better if you can stomach 30FPS as you get a much nicer image. Watch the DF video in your TV and yeah.

But then the 60FPS mode just could have been pushed out IQ wise a little more.

The options are all somewhat sub optimal.

Resolution mode probably to me is better if you can stomach 30FPS as you get a much nicer image. Watch the DF video in your TV and yeah.

I just tried the two 30 fps modes and just about lost my lunch.

Just had a very small update for this, said it was version 1.004.000 but it download so quickly I couldn't get the size.

Only 7 hours to go. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom