Dying Light 2

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I tried a Night Mission to pick up food for a kid and once I got back to his house I can't progress as I get the same, 'Please wait' crap when I try to speak to him....plus his head is twisted every shape, all Exorcist like...animations are well off.

If I didn't laugh I'd just slap the wife as she is the closest person..:rotfl::mad::facepalm:
I got that bug, it was freaky!!

i just slept in a bed and went back and it fixed it

darklight

I got that bug, it was freaky!!

i just slept in a bed and went back and it fixed it
Yeah sleeping and coming back fixed it for me also. Now if it was only as easy to sleep and come back to the other 'please wait' glitch in The Only Way Out mission at the Oak Windmill that would be sweet, alas that's not the case so I'm stuck at the mercy of Techland awaiting their next patch:mad:

The DaveinciCode

Picked this up on a whim last week just fancying something new to play. Gotta say, I'm very surprised at how much I'm enjoying it.

I did play the OG Dying Light but remember it being a bit throwaway in my opinion.

I'm really liking the RPG elements to the game and the decision making along your way.

I also had the exorcist head kid bug but went for a nap in game and returned to it being sorted.

Anyway, all in I'm enjoying it 😊👍

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Doing a mission called The Lost Light and when I got to the end of it and had to search something I got the 'please wait' bug. My heart sank and I had to put down my Tunnocks Teacake (other brands available) in disgust, I quickly searched for a blue marker quest to complete which I did and on my return it let me search the item and finish the main story quest.

Teacake scoffing resumed.

darklight

Doing a mission called The Lost Light and when I got to the end of it and had to search something I got the 'please wait' bug. My heart sank and I had to put down my Tunnocks Teacake (other brands available) in disgust, I quickly searched for a blue marker quest to complete which I did and on my return it let me search the item and finish the main story quest.

Teacake scoffing resumed.
You lucky, lucky, lucky b'stard:love:

babybearbarker

I’m on the getting stronger mission, quite early on, spoke to the guy and slept, tried to chase guy for marker and died, now it respawned me at the safe house and the mission has gone and I can’t use the sleep spot. Very frustrating. Tried restarts and reloads and nothing. Don’t know what to do except use the disc as a frisbee

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
I’m on the getting stronger mission, quite early on, spoke to the guy and slept, tried to chase guy for marker and died, now it respawned me at the safe house and the mission has gone and I can’t use the sleep spot. Very frustrating. Tried restarts and reloads and nothing. Don’t know what to do except use the disc as a frisbee
I don't know a fix but try doing another mission or side event (those blue icons) and see if that does something.

I found this guide to the quest so maybe you can use it to get to your destination.

babybearbarker

I don't know a fix but try doing another mission or side event (those blue icons) and see if that does something.

I found this guide to the quest so maybe you can use it to get to your destination.

Thanks for this will give this a try but I don’t think I have any other blue mission markers it’s like it’s stuck and doesn’t know what to do

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
I have just finished the game and wasn't impressed with the ending. It was lazy and poorly implemented in my opinion. I won't say anything else due to spoilers etc.

Overall I really enjoyed the game though and I will definitely play it again in the future to see the different paths/choices you can take/make.

I rate it 7 midget gems out of 10. It would have been 8 but that stinky ending lost one.

echoUK

Although I’m really enjoying it I think I’m going to mostly concentrate on the main quests now to try and finish it before Forbidden West comes out. Been spending far too much time getting side tracked by all the activities and whizzing around with the paraglider! :D

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Although I’m really enjoying it I think I’m going to mostly concentrate on the main quests now to try and finish it before Forbidden West comes out. Been spending far too much time getting side tracked by all the activities and whizzing around with the paraglider! :D
This is basically what I did, my character level was 7 but my main quest level was 3. I decided to concentrate on the main quest line so I could get it done before Horizon FW comes out on Friday.

Just to let you know you can go back and finish anything you missed once you complete the final story quest line.

echoUK

This is basically what I did, my character level was 7 but my main quest level was 3. I decided to concentrate on the main quest line so I could get it done before Horizon FW comes out on Friday.

Just to let you know you can go back and finish anything you missed once you complete the final story quest line.
That’s similar to me, I’m currently at level 4 and the main missions are level 2-3. Cheers, will probably just carry on with the main story now then and come back and clear everything later down the line after I’ve finished with Forbidden West, Elden Ring and Cyberpunk, lol.

darklight

Unless a further patch is released this weekend to fix the mission glitch that basically means I can't progress the main story ( I haven't even made it into the main city hub :mad:), I'll probably set aDL2 side and go with HFW if I can get it cheap at Tescos with clubcard or even C2077, if I enjoy the demo that is.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Unless a further patch is released this weekend to fix the mission glitch that basically means I can't progress the main story ( I haven't even made it into the main city hub :mad:), I'll probably set aDL2 side and go with HFW if I can get it cheap at Tescos with clubcard or even C2077, if I enjoy the demo that is.
I don't blame you it's horrific that this wasn't patched immediately, I would be fuming if it was me.

I have stopped playing DL2 now and will give it a few months for the game to get fixed before going back to it to finish the collectables.

Battle

I seem to have come across a solution to the Double Time mission that wont stay completed. I did a side mission called The Keys to Humanity yesterday and when it completed it also auto completed the Double Time quest and when ive booted it back up today the quest is still showing in my journal as complete and its disapeared from the map. Its not just me either, a friend had the same issue and it was solved in the same way.

Still cant get the Houndfield metro station or powerstation to stay on my map though!

Battle

God this game is a glitch fest. Had loads of problems, story trophies not unlocking, had to go into random games to find someone playing it and thankfully it unlocked second time around, after about 20 different attempts to get a connection to a game. Now ive got a hideout that ive unlocked but its not registered as unlocked on the map. Had loads of other glitches as well

Still enjoying it though

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
God this game is a glitch fest. Had loads of problems, story trophies not unlocking, had to go into random games to find someone playing it and thankfully it unlocked second time around, after about 20 different attempts to get a connection to a game. Now ive got a hideout that ive unlocked but its not registered as unlocked on the map. Had loads of other glitches as well

Still enjoying it though
I had that hideout bug at a couple of locations in the main city area. I stopped playing it after doing the main story and will return to it in a few months time when the bugs have been squashed.

darklight

New patch available and downloaded....alas it hasn't fixed by 'Only Way Out' glitch at the 'Find Hubert Kerbatsos' stage...MOTHERF***ER:mad:....Horizon FW (or Cyberpunk 2077:blush:) here I come:facepalm:

sandman1268

Novice Member
I’m looking forward to this a lot, I put in countless hours into Dying Light and the coop multiplayer story was always a nice added bonus!

They always seemed to be quite good at adding new content so hopefully should be the same
this time round
I have dying light 2 on ps5 no cross play on ps4 to play with my mate and techland said I had to buy a ps4 version of the game to co op mode with friend which is absolutely disgusting when i spent 59.pounds on ps5 version money making scamsters thats what techland are.

Flawed Tactics

I’m playing the first Dying Light on the PS5 with the new (free - Sony) update for this gen of consoles, massive improvement over the PS4 version! Fantastic game.

When I’m done with this I’m hoping to pick up DL 2 in a sale at some point.

xSLYx

I’m playing the first Dying Light on the PS5 with the new (free - Sony) update for this gen of consoles, massive improvement over the PS4 version! Fantastic game.

When I’m done with this I’m hoping to pick up DL 2 in a sale at some point.
Might have to try the first one again then. The second is still quite buggy and i took it back after only one playthrough.

Flawed Tactics

Might have to try the first one again then. The second is still quite buggy and i took it back after only one playthrough.
You can play in 1440p 60 or 4K 30 now, looks and runs far better than the PS4 version, well worth a look on current gen.

fozzeh

I really wish that the bugs didn't detract people from not playing this.

It is frustrating and inconsistent. I've not had that many bugs (couple of trophies popping late, a few zombies walking through walls) but not what others have had (mission and story blocks, being stuck at night).
I've got 3 collectibles locked out which is really frustrating... but I can join a coop game to get them.

Gameplay, visuals, audio are all great.
It's not even that. The whole parkour element is even better now than the first. Challenges are actually fun to do (nightrunner or windmills). Choosing how to level up has a big impact on development.

But it is bloody frustrating to be buggy... but not at the same level as other games!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

McIntosh unveils flagship MCD12000 CD/SACD player
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonos announces new Ray soundbar
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony set to launch WH-1000XM5 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
VIDEO: Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event