dx2 5.1 and a pair of Dali Alteco c-1 ?

Do you think the 5 dx2’s speakers will sell ?
Wouldn’t it be best to get the 5 speakers without the sub and buy the BK sub separate (in white) ?

Do you think the 5 dx2’s speakers will sell ?
Wouldn’t it be best to get the 5 speakers without the sub and buy the BK sub separate (in white) ?
Yep I'm sure they would sell. You could even throw in the sub (say the sub doesn't work). It could be an easy fix for someone. You may get £50-£100 for the DX's

I would get the 5 QA's (3020i x4, ) & buy the BK Sub Separately. So:

£169

£219x4

Plus BK Sub in white....

If you want to save some money get 4x QA3010i's & QA3090

Edit: Don't forget to check that the BK sub will fit. It's a bit bigger than the DX Sub 😂

Last edited:
@Gasp3621 thankyou for all your help bud.
My first option I will try is maybe sticking the 5 dx’s on the auction site and see if I get anything for them,
Then as suggested see if I get get the Q Acoustics 3010i without the sub and then buy the BK Electronics p12-300SB subwoofer,

what do you think about that ?
would I get anything for the dx2’s ?
It seems that Peter Tyson is open again and Richer Sounds via appointment later this month. This would give you the option to go listen and compare few models. While the QA is quite easy choice and the usual "go to" model due to sounding fairly neutral and non fatiguing sound, i just wonder would you still pick them over few other brands. As you already have Dali Altecos there i would think twice could the Dali route be better still? I have owned the earlier QAs and heard Dalis too and for me they have more exciting sound. If possible go to nearest hifi shop which is open there and ask to listen both side by side. The Spektor range would be ideal with your budget sharing same drivers to Alteco and same waveguide. What ever you choose though, just don´t put the center channel inside that unit! I didn´t even know you were serious about changing speakers.

There is couple alternatives for subwoofer. You could get this for good price and it should have transferable warranty (60months for amp):

had my mind set upon the QAs, but you mentioned the Dali range of which i already have 2 front heights, that would be a perfect match ?

cheers bud
Few new pics of the outgoing speakers, but will place the new ones their,

Attachments

• 02C9764E-5CFE-483B-8A17-A375F4F46294.jpeg
    02C9764E-5CFE-483B-8A17-A375F4F46294.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 9701D1D2-AE8A-4E19-9486-4A3DFD820F87.jpeg
    9701D1D2-AE8A-4E19-9486-4A3DFD820F87.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 099D567C-A582-4A3B-9DB6-A887414C4770.jpeg
    099D567C-A582-4A3B-9DB6-A887414C4770.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 37
had my mind set upon the QAs, but you mentioned the Dali range of which i already have 2 front heights, that would be a perfect match ?

cheers bud
Few new pics of the outgoing speakers, but will place the new ones their,

Doesn´t need to be matched, but i just thought you might want to hear those. Basically if you listen the Altecos as main speakers compared to Wharfedales you will also hear the difference. :) Just need to swap cables. Dali`s sound brighter with wider soundstage one thing i miss from them. They look very nice in white finish.

I forgot that you probably want the subwoofer to be white. If you aren´t budget restricted then consider the P12-PR model which is 90£ more. The difference is the passive radiator which means stronger deep bass so bit more fun for blockbuster movies. I think @Jester1066 owned this? It can be bought in white.

P12-300SB-PR_White_WG_450.jpg

Doesn´t need to be matched, but i just thought you might want to hear those. Basically if you listen the Altecos as main speakers compared to Wharfedales you will also hear the difference. :) Just need to swap cables. Dali`s sound brighter with wider soundstage one thing i miss from them. They look very nice in white finish.

I forgot that you probably want the subwoofer to be white. If you aren´t budget restricted then consider the P12-PR model which is 90£ more. The difference is the passive radiator which means stronger deep bass so bit more fun for blockbuster movies. I think @Jester1066 owned this? It can be bought in white.

P12-300SB-PR_White_WG_450.jpg
The Dali's are a good shout as an alternative to the QA's. Maybe try and get a side by side audition of them.

@Gasp3621- Good memory bud I did own a P12-300SB-PR. Is a fabulous sub & if @brandy123 can stretch the budget (and fit it in the room) it's definitely worth the extra money over the 300SB.

The only reason I sold mines, was I wanted to go dual subs & couldn't accommodate 2 of them. So changed to the slightly smaller SVS SB2000 Pro's, otherwise I'd had got another for sure!

@Gasp3621 @Jester1066 thankyou guys for all the info and well received knowledge,
I am going to go down the dali’s route and P12-PR model sub,
But have to wait as:
1: no money available to buy at the moment, you guys must have very good jobs lol.
2: a pair of the dali speakers are on back order

@Gasp3621 @Jester1066 thankyou guys for all the info and well received knowledge,
But have to wait as:
1: no money available to buy at the moment, you guys must have very good jobs lol.
Good stuff!

The only Dali's available in white are the Oberon's or did you go with the another model/colour in the Dali range?

What size is your room?

But have to wait as:

Spektors available in white here, but take your time and if you can visit some hifi store ask to listen them! Demoing is free and you want to make sure you are doing the right decision.

Amazon product ASIN B07JP2VWF2
Amazon product ASIN B07JPZ8FCM

went to what @Gasp3621 linked to, regarding the dali's in white, look really nice and apart from short on money i think i will definitely buy the dali's, nice to see that amazon sell them as well.

@Jester1066 i live in a flat but i would class my living room as medium lol.

went to what @Gasp3621 linked to, regarding the dali's in white, look really nice and apart from short on money i think i will definitely buy the dali's, nice to see that amazon sell them as well.

@Jester1066 i live in a flat but i would class my living room as medium lol.
Yep, basically you can then demo them home and have return period i assume. So nothing to lose.. As for the BK subs you have to call them and ask what is the availability as they have been missing some parts for long time, there is likely big list of orders before you.

probably will have to suffer without a sub for awhile if stocks are hard to get, i am watching tv as we speak and without a sub its terrible lol, but i think i have reset my denon 2400 as the sound is very low after doing the collaboration with the dx2 speakers after moving my living room furniture around.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom