1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVStorm2 V Matrox RT.X100

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Billwill, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Billwill

Billwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which is best for general film-making and recording to Mpeg2 fpr DVD's?

And where can I get a good deal on either?

Thanks
    Billy

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Both the products you list are fairly high end editing suites costing around £800 each. As good as they are going to be, do you need the features they offer? If all you want is a firewire card and some decent editing software then you can spend less than £100 and get everything you need.
    I personally use the older Matrox RT-2500 Pro-pack hardware/software bundle and have found it to be far beyond what I need, but a great package. The RT.X100 is the newer version of this. I have never used the DV Storm so can't really recommend one over the other. A great resorce for all things NLE is the Computer Video mag. It is also online Here and has done reviews of both products in the past. The RT.X100 was considered by them to be the best editing suite of last year in their end of year awards.
    Be aware that both the packages you list will only run on a Windows XP PC as they both run with Adobe premiere Pro.

Ok so having said all that here are a few of the companies that advertise in Computer Video mag that will sell either or both of the cards you list:

www.sirentechnology.co.uk
    www.planetdv.net
    www.sub.co.uk

Mark.

3. Billwill

Billwill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've ordered the DVStorm2 Pro as I want some real-time DV effects, I have Prem 6.5, and I got offered it from one of your recomended companies for a great price.

Thanks Mark