DVR520 Questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tvman, Oct 25, 2004.

1. tvman

tvman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine on friday.So far i am very happy.I have some questions.
    When autotuned it did not store CH4 on 4, instead it was on 6 as pr4. 4 had cc38 stored but skipped.Has anybody else had this.My transmitter is Crystal Palace.Also PDC does not light up on CH4 when recording but seems to be working.The hard disc makes clicking type noises, is this normal ?.

2. nemo

nemo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I had exactly the same problem with CH4 when I autotuned mine. The noises you hear from the harddrive are the read/write heads moving, this is nothing to worry about it is quite normal.

3. Mikey45

Mikey45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also experienced Ch4 having to be manually set on my '720 - I then had to go into one of the other menu screens to 'label' that channel as C4 so that timer recordings could be easily verified when being set.

I've only really noticed the hard disk noise when using chase play on the hard disk ie. just making a recording is reasonably quiet - it's when the read / write heads are going backwards and forwards you probably notice it.

Mike

4. tvman

tvman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Many thanks for that info.Does anyone know if this fault the tunning software?.Is there a fix?.Also i was wrong about PDC recording on CH4, it's not working on the internal tuner,but it does via telewest digi box(pace).On another subject can you connect the DV out on Playstation2 to the Pioneer?