DVR RGB out with DVD only?

P

priit

Hi,

Posing a question about RGB output:

Is the RGB out supposed to work only with DVD?
I was trying to get RGB out signal while watching the TV channels with the inbuilt Tv Tuner of the 5100 - the picture is blank.

Is it this machine or is the TV signal not convertible to RGB?
The distributor suggests it is normal that Tv picture is not output in RGB..

Priit

I think you should get RGB out for everything except perhaps VCR. Certainly the E85 outputs an RGB signal for everything that comes into it.

apreading said:
I think you should get RGB out for everything except perhaps VCR. Certainly the E85 outputs an RGB signal for everything that comes into it.

Even the TV tuner signal is output as RGB?

I believe so - certainly you just set the output on AV1 to RGB and my impression is that whatever you watch through that connection is RGB.

apreading said:
I believe so - certainly you just set the output on AV1 to RGB and my impression is that whatever you watch through that connection is RGB.

AV1 RGB can not be set by user.

Yes it can.

Please see page 99 of PDF manual (at least my manual, in Portuguese, it's on page 99).

You can set AV1 to: Video, S-video or RGB.

Best regards,

Benfica said:
Yes it can.

Please see page 99 of PDF manual (at least my manual, in Portuguese, it's on page 99).

You can set AV1 to: Video, S-video or RGB.

Best regards,

My mistake. But still - the TV-tuner picrure does not come out as an RGB. Does it work for You or have you not tried the RGB?

It would be illogical if TV output was not RGB and DVD was, because then you would have to change the AV1 output type depending on what you were watching. I'd worry about your distributor... The output type is not related to the input (including VCR). It depends on what the machine does in converting the input for your chosen output.
I assume you are definitely selecting the TV RGB scart which is connected to the DVD AV1 tp watch the DVD TV tuner.
Try switching the AV1 output to Video and if that delivers DVD and TV ok then I would guess the machine has a fault.

Point proved - The pioneer 5100 model can not output TV-Tuner picture to Scart RGB in real time. Imagine - You would have to swithch to composite video if You would like to change from RGB to composite (quite many steps to go through in the menu) in case you want to change from DVD to TV tuner.
The official service stated so and offer no solutions to the problem :(
Not the way to go Pioneer.

It does seem odd, but if that is the case you shouldn't need to switch manually between RGB and composite on the AV1 output. I'd have thought the recorder would do this automatically and the TV will then accept whatever it's given.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom