1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvr-720h

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pcotton, Jan 11, 2005.

1. pcotton

pcotton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    Dont know if anyone owns the above but i have a problem. I transferred Hi-8 DV recordings to the 720H (HDD), copied to Maxell Single Sided DVD-RW and finalised. Playback on my own DVD player works fine (DV757i Pioneer), but discs are not recognised on any of the families DVD players (tried about 5 different units with no luck).

Anything I am not doing, or could it be the media ? Should I try DVD-R's instead. Any help appreciated. :confused:

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

Have you recorded the DVD-RW in VR mode or Video mode?

VR Mode will play only on models that support it, Pioneer recorders show the RW mark to indicate VR mode support, some other models will as well, and this would explain why it plays on your Pioneer DVD Player but not others.

If you put the disc back in the recorder and it still allows you to record to it, it is VR mode, and it will confirm this if you click the Display button. If this is the case initialise a disc for DVD Video mode from the Disc Set-up menu, and try again.

If it was in DVD Video mode, then it could be the case that the DVD Players do not like DVD-RW. A different brand of DVD-RW may help, but recording to DVD-R which automatically is always in DVD Video mode, and when finalised, will have the best compatibility, around 80-90%.

Regards

Philip

3. pcotton

pcotton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Spot on Philip ...... Thanks