DVR-530H-S & DR-MH300 with Sky

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tigermad, Mar 10, 2006.

1. tigermad

tigermad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +644
    Hi

I am just about to decide which one of these to buy. I just want to record from my sky+ box once I have had the sky+ facility disabled.

Do both of these recorders change channel on the Sky Box (presumably via autoview), or do I have to buy one of those Phantom Plus gadgets?

2. David Robinson

David Robinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The DR-MH300 has a remote transmitter device which will change channels on a Sky box. Timer recordings may be set up using the Guide Plus system, either from the downloaded EPG or manually. You could use Autoview but the problem with this is that (unlike Sky+) there is no facility for padding the recording times, so you may miss the start of a show if it starts early. And of course you would still have to set up the recording on the recorder as well. Guide Plus doesn't automatically pad either, but you can edit the times manually.

3. xxxx

xxxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Be warned that the Sky+ does NOT have any autoview function and so a Phantom will not work with it, nor will those DVDRecorders that use the same technology to auto-record.

For automatic use with a Sky+ you MUST get a recorder with its own EPG that allows it to control the receiver. GuidePlus+ is the only one I know of.