1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR 530H Image Quality noticeable difference between cable and machine

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Iceman_, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Iceman_

Iceman_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On Monday my Pionner DVR 530H arrived. However, after connecting it up as per instructions to my NTL cable box I could see a noticeable difference in quality of picture, when switching between the NTL cable box channel and the recorder channel when displaying the same imagery. Is this normal? I tried connecting SCART sockets with high quality 'THOR' branded cables. (Which I understand from mag reviews are very good).

I also noticed that the cardboard box that the recorder came in was plain and unbranded (but had all the correct items contained in the box)

The difference in quality of the image is like between normal terrestrial and cable. (Even without doing any recording on to the the hard drive) Is this normal with DVD Recorders :confused:

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,841
    What picture settings have you got the recorder on?

For example, have you got NTL on RGB and the recorder set to composite?

3. Iceman_

Iceman_
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi nwgarratt

The connections are both RGB and the quality of the Hard Drive compression is on the best quality