DVP-NS930 - NTSC disc doesn't render properly over scart

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rohith, Oct 8, 2004.

1. rohith

rohith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have a DVP-NS930V player and i use a TV that has a scart only interface, so i use scart for video signal transfers, when i play ALL-region NTSC DVDs, i see the picture jumping, though i set the component output to OFF and LINE to RGB(it helped to make the picture color), this problem persists. should i use the component output over scart type cable? or is there any other solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rohith. :)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Hi rohith and welcome to the forum :hiya:

The chances are that the jumping picture is due to the fact that your TV is not NTSC compatable. Most UK TV's are, but some old sets are not.
    The problem is that UK TV's work on PAL @ 50hz but an NTSC signal is @ 60hz. If the TV can not adjust to the 60hz signal then you will never get a stable picture.
    Changeing to a component output will not help as a TV without component inputs will not work with a component signal.

Mark.

3. rohith

rohith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark,
    :thumbsup: that was a great piece of info, i tried it out on my TV, by changing the system to NTSC it shows the picture perfectly alright. Though the TV didn't adjust to NTSC frequency automatically, manual change worked. :)

Regards,
    Rohith.