1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvp Ns-405

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Test005, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Test005

Test005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have had my eyes on a Sony DVP-NS405 DVD player.

The specs I seen states diffrent outputs and I would like to ask if someone here on the board could clarify what connections there really are.

I recently bought a quite expencive (100€) Digital coaxial cable to connect my current DVD to the AV receiver.
    I'd like to reuse this cable if I get a new DVD player and not dish out more money on an optical cable.

Also, what cable is good to use for video? Right now I use the original scart to my low budget Scott DVD player.

If I get a new player, I also want a good video cable.
    Should I ask for a "RGB scart" to get best picture? (Is that correct terminology?)
    Sorry, I don't know much about cables and diffrent formats.

My TV is a Sony 32" Widescreen (2 years old) and Receiver is Marantz sr-4200.

-T5-

2. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Others may differ, but personally I would get a QED SQART Cable - this Scart Cable gives an excellent picture between my Sony DVD and Sony TV. You can pick from up for about £35 from www.hifibitz.co.uk