• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dvix to DVD

pooresche

Standard Member
I am looking for a quick way to convert DviX avi files to DVD. I want to backup episodes of Top Gear from my harddrive to DVD, so I can watch them on my TV, as I am using a CRT TV so I can't just plug my PC into it.
I am trying Xilisoft AVI to DVD 6 but it only gets 2 episodes on one 4.7GB DVD. Is there an easy way of reducing the quality, only slightly, to get more on a disc or am I asking too much?
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Gavtech

Administrator
I am looking for a quick way to convert DviX avi files to DVD. I want to backup episodes of Top Gear from my harddrive to DVD, so I can watch them on my TV, as I am using a CRT TV so I can't just plug my PC into it.
I am trying Xilisoft AVI to DVD 6 but it only gets 2 episodes on one 4.7GB DVD. Is there an easy way of reducing the quality, only slightly, to get more on a disc or am I asking too much?
Thanks! :thumbsup:

2 hours per DVD is nominally correct. Given the price of DVD's it is really not worth compressing more... but if you really must, then consider the absolute maximum to be 3 programmes per disc [ Nominally 3 hours] ... beyond that quality will suffer significantly. [ and three is pushing it .]

Getting more onto a disc will simply be a case of changing the video settings in the Xilisoft software before you do the conversion.
Check the help file in the software for the details of how.

tinytim

If you don't have one DVD players that'll play Divx are pretty cheap these days and you'll probably get 10 hours onto 1 DVD.

Gavtech

Administrator
If you don't have one DVD players that'll play Divx are pretty cheap these days and you'll probably get 10 hours onto 1 DVD.

To that end, pooreche should check to see if the existing DVD player supports DivX.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom