DViCO TViX media player questions - URGENT

warrocky

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding the both the TViX HD M-6600N and the HD M-6500A.

First and foremost I just want to know that is the M-6600N the only 'version'. Because on their official website its being advertised as the TViX H M-6600N/A PLUS. Are there any difference? Because I've seen a few sites advertisements of this prod and only one or two specified this isn't the Plus version.

Secondly could someone tell me the main differences between these two? I borrowed the M-6500A for a while and loved it, but than I saw there is this newer version and thought :facepalm: Now what one to get :?

Would really appreciate any answers.

Thanks
http://www.avforums.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=16069340

Those are all old Tvix models and are probably best avoided. The 6500 is a quite old Sigma chipset equivalent to the Popcornhour A100, the 6600 is a more recent Realtek chipset but has been replaced by the Slim S1 Duo.

The current generation Tvix players are the Slim S1 , Slim S1 Duo (PVR) and the Xroid A1.

Those are all old Tvix models and are probably best avoided. The 6500 is a quite old Sigma chipset equivalent to the Popcornhour A100, the 6600 is a more recent Realtek chipset but has been replaced by the Slim S1 Duo.

The current generation Tvix players are the Slim S1 , Slim S1 Duo (PVR) and the Xroid A1.

Oh right thanks, which of those 3 that you mentioned do you recommend? And are the all the same thing i.e. MKV players.

Also does anyone know where I could get a good hard drive for it? Atleast 1TB, and does the rpm really make that much of a difference from 5400rpm onwards?

Also it says it supports:
NTFS, FAT32 (3.5” SATA Ⅰ,Ⅱ HDD)

So it doesn't support SATA III?

Just thought I'd post I'm about to buy Slim S1 (Not PVR version no need for recording feature). Is that the right decision??? Or is the droid' one better? I personally don't really see a point in all those extra droid features which I probably won't use (unless I'm missing something).

* Slim S1 is basic Realtek player with Tvix GUI/features.
* Slim S1 Duo is same just with dual DVB-T tuners.
* Xroid A1 is a unique item, a brand new Sigma Designs player that runs a heavily modified version of Google Android OS.

RPM/SATA speed makes no difference at all, the Slim S1 should be fine if that's all you need. Although the Xroid A1 has dropped in price quite a lot (it was way overpriced) so it's now only costs a little bit more than the Slim S1, it appears to be a better player than the S1 even if you don't use the other features on it, but I haven't used an Xroid A1 myself just the Slim S1.

* Slim S1 is basic Realtek player with Tvix GUI/features.
* Slim S1 Duo is same just with dual DVB-T tuners.
* Xroid A1 is a unique item, a brand new Sigma Designs player that runs a heavily modified version of Google Android OS.

RPM/SATA speed makes no difference at all, the Slim S1 should be fine if that's all you need. Although the Xroid A1 has dropped in price quite a lot (it was way overpriced) so it's now only costs a little bit more than the Slim S1, it appears to be a better player than the S1 even if you don't use the other features on it, but I haven't used an Xroid A1 myself just the Slim S1.

Better how? So I can get one which is 5400rpm and it doesn't matter.

So I can get one which is 5400rpm and it doesn't matter.

Correct.

Better how?

The GUI is slicker with a GPU present in the box, more powerful hardware, USB3 support, better online portals for Youtube, good web browser, all minor stuff you may or may not care about.

Correct.

The GUI is slicker with a GPU present in the box, more powerful hardware, USB3 support, better online portals for Youtube, good web browser, all minor stuff you may or may not care about.

Ah ok, yeh I'm not really to bothered about those minor features - it seems though the main advantage I can see it USB3 support other than that spec-wise they seem incredibly similar.

Thanks for your replies, do you know any where I can get a cheap HDD preferably 1.5tb+

No idea, HDD prices are still quite high after the floods in Thailand a while back which damaged HDD manufacturing plants.

No idea, HDD prices are still quite high after the floods in Thailand a while back which damaged HDD manufacturing plants.

Ah ok, no problem mate thanks for your assistance.:smashin:
I think I'll go ahead and get S1, it's still around £40 cheaper, and specs practically identical so may as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom