DViCO TViX Hard drive Compability HELP - IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by warrocky, Jan 11, 2012.

1. warrocky

warrocky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,
    I've had some issues with my Dvico S1 & PC/Mac picking up (detecting) my hard drive. Long story short I'm at a stage where it was fully formatted to NTFS. It was than being detected and accessible by both PC/Mac (Only readable on mac side), which wasn't happening when I first connected it to my MBP. Afterwards I formatted it to Mac OS Extended, following general advice on the net :facepalm: Now its not being picked up on my Mac side or my Windows (Via Parallels). Any help?
    After some research I'm pretty sure my Dvico S1 doesn't support Mac os Extended so the question is how do I access this 3.5" Drive and than format it back to NTFS.

Thanks, all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tritoch

tritoch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Weirdly enough, I helped a chap fix this problem today! Anyway, it's a simple temoor procedure :p

Connect the TViX Box to a Windows PC. Wait for it to be recognised (Installing driver etc etc).

Once that's complete, Right click on My Computer and go to Manage Devices > Disk Management.

In there, you should see your drive without a drive letter.

Delete the drive (WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE CORRECT DRIVE PARTITION)

Next, format the drive as NTFS and assign a drive letter etc.

If you select Quick Format, it's a case of a 5 second process and your drive is now partitioned correctly and recognised by Windows.

Enjoy :)

3. next010

next010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,036
    Tvix dont support HFS+ on the Slim S1 only NTFS or FAT32.

If tritoch's suggestion doesn't work I would recommend removing the drive from the Tvix player and plug it into a PC or USB dock, then remove any partitions on it so the drive is blank. Put the drive back into the Tvix player and let it format the HDD, I believe the internal file system of the Tvix if formatted by the player is ext3 a linux file system and the Tvix player installs a driver under Windows which allows it to copy to the HDD.

You might want to look at something like Paragons extfs software to mount the ext drive in the Mac when the Tvix is connected via USB but I;ve no idea if that will work.

A much better option is network the Tvix player, get homeplugs and connect it up to your network and the Tvix HDD will be on the network and you can copy files over to it, much easier then messing about with the above software.