Dvi.....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Placebo2, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Placebo2

Placebo2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi guys!
    Just wondering if I put a new graphics card in my PC with a DVI ourput, is it just a case of hooking it up to the plasma for a DVD and internet experience? Is it that easy? Probably not.
    I've got a Pioneer 433MXE with the 5002 card fitted.

Cheers,
    John

2. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Placebo2,

It's generally as easy as that. I plugged my PC with Ti4200 card and DVI output into my MXE and was the surfing the net on the big screen in a matter of minutes. Based on comments on this forum, the DVI standard allows the source and the display to communicate to find compatible output resolutions, frequencies and the like. All very easy. The bit I haven't tried is the tweaking that comes after - though there's less to do than with standard VGA.

EffTee

3. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Yup - its every bit as easy as that.

I'm experimenting with a PCI FTV card (Digitv) outputting via DVI to a 433MXE. PQ is excellent.

For PC use set your graphics card at 1024x768 - text looks better. You can also use 1280x768 which seems better for watching telly or DVDs but text is less sharp.

Make sure you buy a good DVI cable - Joe Fernand sold me one with the screen. About £80 for 3M.