DVI versus VGA (connecting pc to lcd)

A

astute

I have the almighty Hitachi 32LD7200 LCD TV.
A nice TV, I also have a nice 7800GTX card in my PC.

With Dual DVI, and since the latest drivers I am able to use both of the DVI slots for 2 screens.

Anyways, I now have the option to go for VGA or DVI to hook my PC to my LCD.

VGA has several advantages in my choice right now, concidering its cheaper by the meter (I have to go somewhere from 10 to 15 meters) and also VGA is more loved by my screen according to several topics on the 32LD7200 thread.

Anyways, I do like a nice picture quality.
Is DVI so much better it's worth the hassle and the money?
Or should I just stick by my general idea and get a nicey Oehlbach 10 meter VGA cable for around 60 euros.

psikey

Distinguished Member
I only had to go 5M but I bought a DVI to VGA cable. Comes out of my NVidia 6600 at 1360x768 straight as 1:1 pixel map VGA connector on TV. Can't imagine getting a better picture really for HTPC use and general PC use. Tried DVI - HDMI but nowhere near as good as through VGA.

A

astute

psikey said:
I only had to go 5M but I bought a DVI to VGA cable. Comes out of my NVidia 6600 at 1360x768 straight as 1:1 pixel map VGA connector on TV. Can't imagine getting a better picture really for HTPC use and general PC use. Tried DVI - HDMI but nowhere near as good as through VGA.
If I would hook it up to VGA, it would go from a DVI connector, via a converterbox (small cube thingie) to VGA...so, about the same as your way.

Top Bottom