Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVI to TV..??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by shoehorn, Aug 2, 2004.

1. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,

I'm not sure this can be done... so any advice appreciated.

My PC's graphic card has VGA and DVI and I was wondering if there was a cable / connector to connect either of these outputs to my TV's scart or A/V Inputs.....

Otherwise, if I bought a PCI card with TV out, would it have to replace my current graphics card or could it work alongside it....

OTHERWISE.... have I read somewhere about this being able to be done over a wireless network at some stage soon....??

Thanks for any help.

2. groovyclam

groovyclam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is your graphics card a Radeon 7500 / 8500 / or any 9000 series card ?

If so, you can adapt an existing SCART lead to get a VGA to RGB SCART connection. You will need to so some soldering and also have a copy of PowerStrip which is shareware.

Details here http://ryoandr.free.fr/english.html (use the connections in the table rather than the diagram)

I've done it - it works.