DVI to M1-DA?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by simuk84, Jan 24, 2008.

1. simuk84

simuk84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it. I have just acquired a SP4805 projector and want to connect it to my pc. My NVidia graphics card is DVI and the connection on the pj is described as M1-DA. At first I assumed this was just a normal DVI connector but then soon realised that I'm going to need some kind of adapter. Am I right in assuming that this will do the trick:

http://www.hdmiuniverse.co.uk/DVI-USB-to-P-D-M1-DA-EVC-Adapter-Cable-p-208.html

The thing that confuses me about this cable is the M1-DA connector is male but I thought that the connector on the pj itself was the male end? and with the cable only being 20cm long, does this mean that the pj will need to be right next to the pc or can I use a normal dvi to dvi cable to lengthen this (presumably not since the dvi end is female?) I think I may have confused myself so please can somebody help :lease:

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    If you search for 'Infocus dvi adapter' they all seem to show the M1 end as male and it would be normal to have a female connector on a piece of equipment with the connecting cable as male but no harm in looking at your projector before you buy.

There are also versions out there without the USB connection if that isn't something you need.

Also saw a few warnings not to try and do DVI->HDMI->M1 so better stick to DVI-M1 :)