dvi to hdmi

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by handsomejackuk, Feb 12, 2009.

1. handsomejackuk

handsomejackuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

i know this has probably been covered before, but i have ordered an adaptor from dealextreme for converting dvi to hdmi. I recently purchased a TV from sainsburys that only has two hdmi inputs. i.e. no dvi, or vga input.

I wanted to know if there is a difference between dvi-hdmi, and hdmi to dvi.

I need to connect a graphics card with dvi out to a tv with hdmi in, is there a particular cable for this ?

I am thinking now, that there may be a difference like in the scart input and output cables...

could for instance this cable be used to connect a hdmi output (i.e. xbox 360 ps3) to a dvi monitor....?

if so what cable / adaptor do i need ?

this is what i ordered....

DealExtreme: $3.27 HDMI(High-Definition Multimedia Interface) F to DVI 24+1 Connecter

please help.....

Alun

2. Delvey

Delvey
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,942
    that should work for connecting a xbox 360 to a monitor. But remember, the xbox will only output 720p, 1080i or 1080p over hdmi, so you might not fill your screen depending on your monitors resolution. Also, sound will most probably need to be connected seperately to a source (i.e. surround sound) using a modded component cable or the official adaptor