DVI to HDMI adapter?

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you already have an installed DVI cable that cannot be changed, and wish to use an HDMI projector, can someone suggest a good quality DVI-HDMI adapter that could be used?

I'm still struggling with this. I believe the adapter I need is 'female DVI' to 'male HDMI'. I've been searching the internet retailers and can't find a standalone adapter, i.e., one without a connecting wire. Can anyone help? :)

urbant, if you look on the link that pave put up, it has the f dvi to m hdmi adapter on there.
I was going to do a similar sort of thing as I had already run a dvi through the loft, but ended up buying a hdmi yesterday anyway.

jason

if you can forego the 20cm (looks less) of cable then try the Lindy one (UK) at £13. must be a bargain...No? delivery is next day and they take returns without fuss

cheers
Dave

Thought I would try the Lindy one, and spoke to them as they are out of stock. They are quoting mid January as the earliest delivery. Back to the drawing board :)

Hi

ordered male hdmi to female dvi from hifibitz,should be in stock at the weekend,well ,so they say :) let you know :thumbsup:

Thanks Pave, problem is its not the adapter I'm looking for :(.

Didn't think this would be so difficult??

that is the adapter you are asking for...you just need to edit the options bottom left of the screen to reverse the connectors on the product

DVI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI doesn't make a difference. If I'm wrong (and of course I could be) I'm going to change my name and move to Alaska :D

Conor

Maybe I'm misreading it, but here is a copy and paste of the options from the Hifibitz website:

Male HDMI to Female DVI
Male DVI to Female HDMI

But I need female DVI to male HDMI? Do you need to move to Alaska yet ;)

zoolap said:
Latest Headlines "AVforums members in gender confusion affair" :D

If i am an alpha HDMI male who is the DVI female...of course i may yet be proven to be the opposite... :D

well...i am sticking to my answer... :smoke:

Digger said:
welll...i am sticking to my answer... :smoke:

I don't get it? There issn't an option for the adapter I'm looking for, so how can it be the right one? Or are you on an Xmas windup? :beer:

UrbanT said:
Maybe I'm misreading it, but here is a copy and paste of the options from the Hifibitz website:

Male HDMI to Female DVI
Male DVI to Female HDMI

But I need female DVI to male HDMI? Do you need to move to Alaska yet ;)

My understanding is that Male HDMI to Female DVI is the same cable as Female DVI to male HDMI...they work in both directions. Please let me be righ, I hate the cold :D

Ahhhhh, why did nobody say that 20 posts ago ;)

So as long as it has the right connections at each end, it doesn't make any difference which way around you put it? Perfect :clap:

Go and pack that coat away!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom