1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI timings for Pioneer 433 MXE?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Easy2BCheesy, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This seems like the best forum to post this. A few of us own Momitsu V880 DVD players - these have the DVI output, with a 1024x768 resolution output. Perfect for a dot-for-dot output to the Pioneer 433 MXE.

However, the player is marred by a "sellotape" effect on the bottom "inch" of the screen, presumably caused by incompatibility between the DVI settings on the player compared to the plasma. This effect looks similar to a few rows of pixels being stretched vertically by about 500%. Invisible on 2.35:1 movies (obviously) but an irritation when watching any other format.

Now we have access to the custom settings menu, and we can tweak it. So there's a strong chance that custom settings could sort this problem out.

The question is, does anyone here have accurate data for setting up a DVI output to the Pio MXE? The parameters we can tweak, followed by the default 1024x768 settings on the Momitsu are:

Horizontal Freq: 60000
    Vertical Freq: 7503
    Video Width: 1024
    Video Height: 0768
    Hsync Total: 1312
    PreHSync: 0016
    HSyncActive: 0096
    PostHSync: 0176
    VSyncTotal: 0800
    PreVSync: 0001
    VSyncActive: 0003
    PostVSync: 0028
    HSyncPolarity: 0001
    VSyncPolarity: 0001

The PostVSync might not be correct, I was fiddling around with this :nono:

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,482
    Anyone that can answer this question deserves recognition in the Queens birthday honours! It's a toughie but surely someone must know! I wondered if there was anything in the integrator menu that displayed these values e.g. when used with a PC, in which case we could set the Momitsu to the same values (a stab in the dark I know!)

Cheers
    Andy

3. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've worked in taking frame grabs from a 480p analogue source in the past and these settings are fairly standard in syncing equipment - so it's not a stab in the dark by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sure Pioneer would be able to cough up the right settings if we could contact the right person...

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I'd suggest Joe F should be able to speak with someone at Pioneer to get you this info if you're lucky.

Also those folk with HTPC, powerstrip and DVI in to 433's might be able to help. TBrar is a likely candidate.

Gordon

5. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just posted to the plasma forum with refresh rates that I am using in Power Strip for best results.

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,482
    Thanks for that, not sure how to translate those into the settings in the DVI settings menu though!

Cheers,
    Andy.

7. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy,

Ive added some other things from the advanced settings in power strip as requested by Easy To Be Cheesy (on other thread), may be these will help ? :confused:

8. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've translated the settings presuming that PreVSync is Vertical Front Porch etc etc etc... and guess what? It doesn't work. I'll email the Momitsu tech support with Tbrar's lovely settings and see what they have to say.