DVI Splitter - 2 sources to 1 TV - possible?

P

prycop

Is there a switcher box or similar to run 2 sources to a single DVI TV connection.

I'm thinking of connecting a DVD and PC through the DVI connection of a Phillips 9986. Obviously both would not be on at once but a switch to choose would be far easier than disconnecting one and connecting the other everytime.

Any ideas?

When you use DVI for one and Analog for the other source, it should be possible to use a Y-cable that splits DVI-I into DVI-D and VGA.
These come packaged with Dell SX-280 systems, but are also available separately.

Thanks for the replies - I was thinking of 2 digital inputs -

Is the Scan box 2 inputs to 1 TV or 1 input to 2 TVs?

I have my PC connected through analog VGA.
I think it allows a bit more freedom. The DVI seems to be fixed to 1024x768 and now I can use 1280x768 in 15:9 format.
It does not matter with the 9986 because the digital input is immediately converted to analog inside the TV, so there should be no quality difference except with bad and long cables.

Good quality cables are important, but I have not been able to find a difference between standard separately-shielded RGB cables and the gold-plated variant.
Don't use thin cables that have 21 similar wires in a single shield. When possible, always check the cable by opening a cover and making sure that there are different types of leads, thicker and thinner, attached to the different pins of the connector.

So - let me get this right... DVI from a PC gets change to analogue anyway?

I was thinking of a HD DVI DVD player and maybe HD DVI clips/downloads from the PC (with a box/switch to choose the input).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom