1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI resolutions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by brightside, Mar 7, 2003.

1. brightside

brightside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know which of the currently available 50" plasma screens with DVI inputs actually support their native resolution using a DVI connection.

I would prefer a 1366x768 screen so I've been doing some research on the Fujitsu and NEC offerings but every time I ask this question of retailers / support desks I seem to get a different answer.

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Hi,

According to Pioneer's published information, the PDP-503MXE with PDA-5002 card can accept 1280x768 native resolution on the DVI input. Hope this helps.

Steve

3. brightside

brightside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks steve. I was looking at the pioneer until I saw it was 1280x768 - I can't get my head round the implications of not having square pixels if I want to use the screen with a digital input (from a PC graphics card) and bypass the internal scalar.

Did you get the info on the pioneer products from a website? Their UK site has only basic data as far as I can see.

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
  5. brightside

brightside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for getting back to me Steve - I'll have a look at the brochure.

Looks like the pioneer is still a good bet since further research on the currently available 1366x768 screens hasn't come up with any capable of displaying native resolution via the DVI input.

The current Fujitsu model seems to be ruled out by IanM in this thread - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69801

The panasonic add-on board only handles 1024x768 according to Joe Fernand in this thread - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51126

Does anyone know if the current 1366x768 offerings from NEC, Samsung, Sony or Toshiba have DVI inputs that can display full native resolution