1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvi panny 500 question

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dazzer123, Jan 12, 2005.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi just connected my barebones to my projector via dvi from Asus A9550 ati graphics card i have checked the projector to see what signal it is being supplied and it tells me XGA, what i want to see is 720 wide i.e. get the pc to output 1280x720 the projectors native res.

I have powerstrip installed but the 1280x720 res is not listed there either and if i set the res to anything over 1024x768 i lose the picture to the projector can anyone give me any ideas where i am going wrong.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What do you mean 1280x720 "is not listed there either"? If you mean it's not in the available resolution list you need to go to the Monitor tab of the display properties and uncheck "Hide modes not supported", then go to the Adapter tab and click "List All Modes", the setting you added with Powerstrip will be there, if it isn't then something went wrong with Powerstrip.

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi i have not added any settings in powerstrip strange thing is that i have powerstrip installed on my main pc with an asus fx5200 and the custom settings are there in powerstrip but not with the ati card the ati card is set to list all modes.

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You need to add them :) .. when you changed the graphics card they got lost, I've never bothered going into it but PStrip stores them 'per card' so you now need to tell PStrip to add them for the ATI.

The list in Powerstrip are the ones it knows about, not those which it's told the graphics driver to use.

5. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thx a lot finally found out how to put in new settings to powerstrip and it worked fine although i did just expect them to be there as they were with the nvidia graphics card cheers.

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    :) .. PStrip isn't exactly intuitive at times, glad you're setup now.

7. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes again thank you maybe you could help me with my next question, that is how to improve the DVD playback from the pc to the projector I am currently using just power DVD 5 and I am not that impressed, what I wish to know is would ffdshow and thatertek be the way to go I am really looking for the best quality pic I can get as I chose this route over a hdmi DVD player.

I have seen this guide and am sure it would be helpful http://htpcnews.com/main.php?id=ffdshowdvd_1 I am assuming the results will be better than power DVD alone or would I be best buying some sort of decoder card?