1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI or VGA ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Canoehq, May 4, 2002.

1. Canoehq

Canoehq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Another newbie I'm afraid, so grateful for any help and time forum members can give me.

I've recently upgraded my PC Monitor to an 18inch LCD which is being fed a DVI signal by a Radeon 8500 card. To my eyes, the difference of DVI over VGA in terms of picture quality and clarity is staggering.:eek: :eek: :eek:

So, as I will be buying a projector for the World Cup, and will be using the same PC to drive it, I need to know whether to buy one with a DVI input (Epson TW100) or stay with the much acclaimed VGA (Panny AE100)

Leaving all other things aside such as colour, noise, price etc, can I expect a similar leap in pq simply because of a DVI input / DVI video card or is it just that for two similar spec projectors, DVI and VGA displays can be made to look about the same after much tweaking.

Thanks all

Yes, I know I could demo both of them side by side, but I'm just after a general view from y'all as to the relative merits of DVI or not.:confused: :confused:

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    DVI is MUCH better IMHO and is the future. Of all the panel projectors I have played with DVI always wins by a substantial margin. The difference is not small. This is why I am still interested in the Piano.

3. avguyworld

avguyworld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dvi is top quality.
    try New sharps,lite pros, or nec

Panasonics so many probs
    i repair projectors for a living and pana are a nightmare

Top tips Sanyos quality image stick with Lcd only for Tv images dont use Dlp

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You obviously don't repair the Panasonic PT-AE100 then, as you don't seem to know what it is:
    Unusual for someone earning a living from PJ repair :confused: