1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI or Componet to Plasma??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by scoooby, May 4, 2004.

1. scoooby

scoooby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Decided on a screen- Hitachi 42PD5200, and, after a last minute change of plan- I think I'm going to go for a Jamo all in one.

I'm a bit worried as the Jamo doesn't have a DVI output, but it does have Component out.

Is there a big PQ difference between progressive scan component connections and DVI connections?

2. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'd like to know this, as I have the Jamo, and my PD3000 is going back for a PD5200 / PD5300

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The quality of inputs varies greatly from screen to screen. However, if you're set on the Jamo/hitachi combo you have no choice, so go component. Be prepared to try interlaced and progressive, the Hitachi is a special case, it might prefer the interlaced. Be aware also, whilst the Jamo might do well in the odd review, it's hardly likely to match up to a separate dvd player. You have a 2.5k display, why cut a silly corner like that? The reviewer of the Jamo is unlikely to have tried it with a Plasma, more like his 14" portable in his bedroom, where he lives as his mum and dad are downstairs.