1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI Input on Philips 32

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by chunkymunky, Aug 16, 2004.

1. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for help in getting some use out of this DVI input on my excellent Philips TV. Obviously disappointed that there are no compnent inputs but does anybody know of a use for this input bearing in mind that I will not be connecting my PC.

Preferably I would like to hook up my PS2 as the picture quality through S/Video is dreadful. Any help appreciated! :lease:

2. Eyeball

Eyeball
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...

As far as I'm aware the new tv's come with a DVI to component conversion cable. This will provide component pictures. I'm also trying to find a little info on here concerning this. I don't know if this takes advantage of the progressive scan signal from a dvd player when using this method....?

If you haven't got a cable like this then I would contct Philips and ask where you can get hold of one. Also, if it's a pre-recall 9986 LCD then I would ask them if you can do this on those sets.

S

3. chunkymunky

chunkymunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is a pre-recall set so no cable supplied I'm afraid. I assume that I can get hold of a cable to connect my PC to the TV using DVI (either directly or by using the supplied covertor). To date, Philips Customer Service has been awful and I am loathe to contact them for advice. To be honest I'm more keen on hooking up my PS2 for which the picture quality is unbelievably bad using S/Video. I know that you can buy a PS2 to component but I'm stumped as to how I can make the connection to my DVI or XGA input.

Help anybody????