DVI input on AE300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Harb, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Harb

Harb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While I wait for my AE300 to return, I have decided to install my new HTPC into the theatre....
    Can anyone tell me a bit about the DVI input?
    I have never used one before, and was wondering if it is the way to go?
    My new PC has got DVI output so if it is the go , I will look for a cable to connect it up.
    Also does everyone use optical for the audio or the coaxial feed instead?....My sound card has both.
    Its a real rocket this new machine, and I can hardly wait to get it up and running and see if its better than the RP82 panny DVD.

Cheers
    John

2. MikeKeal

MikeKeal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John

I ordered a DVI cable from Reveal Ltd in Thatcham, Berks. (01635 873374). They shipped it out and I received it the next morning; until then I'd had a hard time finding one in stock. Code was AA-1632, DVI-D Dual Link, 5m. Price £20.00 inc.

As for the audio, I don't think there's much to choose between coax and optical. I think I saw some longish optical interconnects at leadsdirect.biz. I'd be guided by the number of opt and coax ports that are available at your amp; I only have one coax port, so chose optical to leave it free for future flexibility.

Best regards

Mike