Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVI-I -> SCART RGB

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by davrouk, Mar 13, 2005.

1. davrouk

davrouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

First post and newbie to the home-media hardware scene.

I have been reading the excellent VGA -> SCART RGB threads, and am interesting in doing something similar with my recently purchased mac Mini (it was initially just to be a second computer but would serve better as a media-centre due to its tiny size).

The mac Mini uses a Radeon 9200 with a DVI-I output connector.

Is there a modification to the VGA -> RGB cable that would allow straight DVI-I -> RGB?

If not, would the DVI -> VGA adapter that comes with the computer be acceptable to connect the VGA -> RGB cable to?

There are two similar apps to PowerStrip available for mac which would both allow customization of the resolution and timings, so that should not be a problem.

(obviously this all assumes that the 9200 in the computer does output the composite sync signal as the PC version does, but it is exactly the same chipset so I dont see why not?)

Any help on this would be appreciated

Cheers

Paul

2. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from a purely theoretical standpoint, yes, it would work.

dvi-i --->vga adapter--->rgb scart cable
    mac software
    happy days :D

3. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    It will work fine using the adaptor.