Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVI-HDMI or VGA: PC to Pioneer 435XDE

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by iCEWOLF, Apr 26, 2005.

1. iCEWOLF

iCEWOLF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting a pioneer 435XDE soon and want to hook up my pc (ATi x800xt graphics card with DVi and VGA out.) I can use the VGA 15 pin port on the front panel or the HDMI port on the back of he plasma box using a DVI to HDMI cable. WHich is better?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. iCEWOLF

iCEWOLF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone? :hiya:

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Well, you can only do native resolution via the VGA input so I would assume this will give the best picture.

Steve

4. iCEWOLF

iCEWOLF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the pioneer 435 XDE has a native resolution of 1024x768 and my graphics card can happily output that, I just wondered if the DVI out (which many TFT monitors connect to) would be okay going into an HDMI plug using an adaptor cable. It sort of sucks having to plug the VGA cable into the front of the pioneer box as then i have to have the panel open all the time.

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/HDMI-DVI-2M.html id the DVI to HDMI cable.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,079
    iCEWOLF

The point Dutch was making is that ONLY the HD15 (VGA) socket is compatible with a 1024x768 signal - the HDMI Input is a Video Input and only works with Video resolutions (480i/P, 576i/P, 720P or 1080i).

For best PC compatibility I'd stick with the HD15(VGA) socket.

Joe

PS Not ideal fro everyone but do keep in mind you don't have to actually 'see' the Media Box for the TV system to work - the IR pickup is on the Screen so you can keep the Media Box out of view.

6. iCEWOLF

iCEWOLF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok guys thanks - i thought that cos the graphics card could output 1024x768 through the DVi port to a TFT then it could do the same to the plasma. I am quite new to all this stuff - just a PC nerd really :cool: I can just unplug the VGA cable from the box and shut the panel when i'm using other stuff: it is on view as i built this nice little custom cabinet with room for my PC and all my consoles (next gen too..) it is exactly 112cm wide just like the pioneer 435XDE :thumbsup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/icewolf_lenoir/cabinet.jpg