DVI-HDMI, 8500GT - Tosh 42WLT66

UglyChild uk

I will be posting this in both the LCD and COMPUTER forums as hope I can grab some advice from both areas as envolves both my HTPC & my LCD.

Ok I have a Toshiba 42WLT66 and a new HTPC with a 8500GT (silent and it is the HDCP one). Now the two outputs I have are DVI and VGA. The Tosh's res is limited via VGA so DVI - HDMI is the obvious choice. This is something I know other people have done via a 8500GT and a 42WLT66.

Now the only problem, it just wont work! I know this should be fairly simple but I can not dispay via DVI-HDMI no signal being sent at all. I've done the obvious things, making sure the LCD is on first checking the connections ect ect.

I can view via VGA and it works fine. I've spent ages in Nividia Control panel, I've made sure to download the latest drivers, I've checked in the bios and I downloaded RiverTuner to see if there was something I could use in there to force the output via DVI. All unsuccessfull.

I've never claimed to know loads about computers but I have a decent grasp and still clueless. Short of it being a dudd cable I really am clueless.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.

Other tidbit of info, I am due to replace the 8500GT with an 8600GT anyway as they built it with the 8500GT in error.

Turb007

have you tried a dvi-vga dongle to make sure the dvi ports working ?

UglyChild uk

Hadn't tried that as didn't have a dongle to hand.

My 8600GT just arrived so will install that today and try again. Funnily enough in the box comes a dvi-vga dongle!

Will post how i get on this afternnon.

UglyChild uk

Well I installed the 8600GT and upgraded the cable just to be on the safe side and worked perfectlly first time.

So happy!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom