1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVI DVD player for Panasonic 6-series plasma

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lmccauley, Jul 4, 2003.

1. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Can anyone recommend a DVI-HDCP equiped DVD player that I could hook up to a Panasonic 6-series plasma?

Budget would be no more than £500.
    Would be to replace a Pioneer 545.

Cheers,
    Liam

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    The Bravo D1 and the Momitsu DVD V880 both have DVI, but not sure if the Bravo is multi-region. Hivizone sell the Momitsu:

http://www.hivizone.com/

Go to avsforum for more info on both players. The D1 gets good reviews with the NEC HT1000 projector. The Momitsu seems like a garage built machine by one man, but I could be wrong. Best to check.

HTPC will be a cheaper option (and far more flexible), but you need to be fine about setting up the software and maybe having to tweak. A desktop case could be used to hide it in a tv or video rack maybe. Any Radeon card with DVI out should do the trick.

HTH

Gary.

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Would the display device (which has a DVI-HDCP input) accept a non-HDCP DVI signal from a HCPC? Sorry for the simple questions - this is the first time I've even thought avout DVI.

Cheers,
    Liam

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Liam,

Yes, it would take it from an HCPC.

I'm waiting for a replacement Momitsu to arrive from Hivizone after I had to return my original faulty player. I hope to feed it to my 433MXE via the PDA-5002's DVI, but I'm limited to 480p until I replace the card with a new Aurora or KD one.

Steve