dvi displaying 575p but not 720p or 1080i

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by irishstu, Aug 25, 2006.

1. irishstu

irishstu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I got sky hd in a few days ago. I have a sanyo plvz2 projector for over 2 and a half years and have a dvi cable installed in the house. My problem is this cable when licked to a hdmi adapter for sky will only display 575p, everytime I put it to 720p or 1080i I get a picture with greenish lines across it. I have tested with a hdmi cable with another adapter hdmi -> dvi and it worked fine. If this is the cable`s fault how come the 575 signal works fine??

thanks
    Stu

I will post a couple of pics of the problem later on tonight

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Could it be a HDCP issue?

3. irishstu

irishstu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It works with the hdmi cable so I know the projector is ok with the hdcp side of things... We are watching mr & mrs smith and I just changed it to component and the girlfriend says the hdmi (576p) is a lot better. If she can see it then it is 100% better. I wanna get to the bottom of this more than ever.

We just have the flooring done in our house so I can`t fit an hdmi and forget about the dvi. I just can`t see why the dvi is perfect with 576 and not 720. I guess it might just be interferance at higher bandwidths?